Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret Service goes after cartoonist

Default Secret Service goes after cartoonist

Tom Francois likes to tweet cartoons critical of Obama. Looks like the SS doesn't like him. Below is an article from www.examiner.com along with a link. Sorry about the paragraph spacing - I wasn't able to make it any better than it is.

http://www.examiner.com/article/secr...use-of-twitter

After you read this- you will wonder what country we are in.

Tom Francois is an outspoken critic of Barack Hussein Obama- and has a robust Twitter presence. He also likes to dabble with his "paint" program to create funny cartoons. He has never threatened the President in any way, manner or form.

On April 11, 2013, he heard relentless pounding on his door shouts of "Police!" The officers introduced themselves as members of The Secret Service and asked if they could "take a look around."

Since Tom had nothing to hide (and he didn't want any return visits) - he complied fully with their request. He even signed a consent to search his premises AND an "Authorization To Review Medical and Mental Health Records!"

They asked Tom if he ever left his state or traveled to Washington, D.C.

One Agent asked Tom if he has any intentions of "whacking" the President." To which Tom replied- "Of course not. I wish him no harm. I disagree with his policies and actions and I make no bones about it. It's my First Amendment Right and I intend to exercise it."

When I spoke to Tom he said, "Yes, I am EXTREMELY critical of Obama in my posts, but I never cross the line and threaten his being. EVER. It's just the idea of Obama's Secret Service intruding on my life when they knew I wasn't really a threat."

The Secret Service had a thick FBI file- filled with screenshots of hundreds of posts. Said Tom, "I flat out told them 'I have NEVER threatened Obama's life! Yes, I despise him as you can plainly see, but I have that right!' They actually ADMITTED and agreed with me that I hadn't threatened Obama."

They had run a background check and discovered that Tom legally owned two guns- and they asked to see them. Tom showed them his firearms. They asked, "Are they loaded?" Tom replied in the affirmative. "What good are guns if they aren't loaded?"
    So why harass Tom? "The Secret Service officers claimed that "they were concerned that since I have a large Twitter following, and the things I said could be acted upon by some nut case out there! What the hell? They turned my life upside down for THAT?

Tom didn't refuse the search because they just would have gone and gotten a warrant. "They would have proceeded to tear my house apart. No thanks. I have nothing to hide. They left empty-handed and my house is still intact."

When they left Tom's house, one Secret Service Agent 'advised'- "Keep in mind, if you step over the line, we'll come back for your guns."

After the "visit" to Tom, the Secret Service also visited Tom's 22 year old daughter- terrifying her and making her fear for her father's safety. She asked them what they were going to do with the information about her Dad. They said they were going to "turn it over to Eric Holder- he has the last word on what to do, if anything."

Should anyone have any doubt about the veracity of this report, Mr. Francois had the presence of mind to make copies of the Consent To Search (which expressly included computers, hardware, software, recording devices, cell phones, data storage, etc). It also states: "I understand that any contraband or evidence may be used against me in a court of law."

The "Consent To Search" and the "Authorization To Review Medical and Mental Health Records" signed and dated by the special agents of the Secret Service- were furnished to this reporter.

Wake up, America.

This administration is spying on Americans, via the NSA and targeting Tea Party and religious groups for voter suppression via the IRS. Now- Obama's Secret Service is paying personal "visits"- on law abiding citizens? This is TYRANNY!

Keep in mind, dear readers- this raid upon Tom Francois and his home - took place just 4 days before The Boston Bombing. Was this a good use of manpower?

Everyone should be outraged by this story. Republican, Democrat, Independent, Libertarian- EVERYONE!

This kind of intimidation and strong arm tactics CANNOT stand.

Just because a thin-skinned president doesn't like what a private citizen posts (as his First Amendment Right) on the internet?

Do you approve of this "Fundamental Transformation of The United States of America?"

Can you say "Banana Republic?"

He made a huge mistake by signing the consent to search his health records. Anything in there can be twisted to make him 'mentally ill' and seize his firearms.

He made a mistake consenting to anything.

It doesn't matter whether or not you have anything to hide. It's NOT your job to make their case for them. Make them go through the fiasco of obtaining a valid warrant. The constitution is STILL the law of the land. Make them abide by it.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

NORMALLY the POTUS has very little input on this kind of check, as there are actually set protocols and trigger thresholds for this.

The "4 days before the bombing" comment is a strawman designed to inflame ill-informed people who have no clue as to the actual tasks and functions of the Executive Protection Detail of the USSS. These guys aren't just warm bodies that they can send hither and yon on whatever task someone thinks might have been a great idea, 2 weeks after the situation.
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Idiot.

"Police!"

"Hello, can I help you?"

"Yes. We are from the secret service and need to have a look around"

"May I see your badge?"

"Here.."

"I do not consent to a search of my property. Do you have a warrant?"

"It will just take us a few minutes. You don't have anything to hide do you?"

"No. Not at all. But please return when you have a warrant. Please see yourself off of my property now."

....close door....

Quote Originally Posted by trackerjack View Post
    He made a mistake consenting to anything.
    Very true.

In my experience, the government just forces their way in and searches anyway and no one cares they didn't have a warrant. I lost count of the times my place was searched without a warrant and without my consent. Sometimes, I wasn't even there when they searched without a warrant. The government doesn't use warrants much anymore. And the evidence was used against me.

To prove that I was "paranoid delusional," they had seized papers I had written for my government classes I took at the university. The classes were ethics type classes and dealt with government corruption and misdeeds. I didn't even believe some of the stuff I wrote in the papers; I had just wrote what the professors had said in my own words to get a better grade. They were taken during one of the searches when I wasn't home. I no longer have copies of most of my school papers. The government has them. And they never had a warrant when they searched my place, ever. When the papers were taken, I just came home to find them missing. I knew they had taken them when they kept mentioning things I had said in the papers, but they kept acting like I was crazy for thinking they had taken the papers. It was the only way they could have known what I had written.

But by signing the medical waiver, they have much more ammo to use against you. I did sign one when my girl was taken, under pressure, because I wanted to get my daughter back. I was lied to constantly, telling me if I just signed such and such then I'd get my girl back faster. I did not have mental health problems, so the government invented them. The government even invented a brother I did not have and claimed to have done a home study on him. They badmouthed him and said he failed the home study. I have no idea where my girl would have ended up if this nonexistent person had passed the home study. People really look at me funny when I tell them about this, but it's right in the court documents. You would never believe some of the blank they put in the court documents, although it was nothing compared to the stuff they said.

But anyway, I know of other people who did have a slight mental health history, and the government twisted minor problems until the person sounded like they were ready to go on a killing spree at any moment. I always regret signing that paper. I was already being beat down by this time though, and I just wanted my girl back. I'll never see my girl again. I would have kissed the feet of Satan himself to get my girl back. I never had a chance.

Do not ever sign anything giving people permission to access your medical files like that.

I have physical disabilities that keep me from leaving the home at times on my worst days. They twisted it to make it sound like I was a mental basket case that did not want to leave the home. That is the type of stuff they do. But at the same time, they were saying I needed 'money management' skills because I was always going places buying stuff. I was like which is it, either I'm too mental to leave the home or I am always leaving the home to buy stuff? A lot of the stuff they said was obvious contradictions like that.

I have been through going on three years of hell, and it just keeps going. I don't even know what started it for sure. They just received a "report" that I was barricaded in my home shooting at people. I was sorting clothes to do laundry and other peaceful activities when I was raided the first time. My guns were all new and had never been fired. I was told it was "confidential" when I asked for more information.

This guy in the OP will not be able to fall off their radar. They most likely will keep coming back, even when he's not aware of their presence. I am still being targeted for government harassment, and I have not done anything near as political as this guy has. All I did in the middle of the harassment was post a website with evidence of the elected judge's corruption on it. She even sent the state police after me once. I have no idea what all they will do to this guy here. It is very scary what they can do to someone. Considering the president is a lot higher ranking than an elected judge then they might even off him later if he doesn't shut up on his own. That's probably what they want is to scare him into shutting up.

By letting them search his place though, innocent things they found could have been twisted to make him sound crazy. I am surprised they didn't take his guns on the spot. They have done it to others. They want to make it so all who oppose them are deemed mentally ill so that they can be disarmed and destroyed.

It's forbidden to criticize the Caliph
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    where's the caliphate?

I keep waiting for it but it always seems to be next weeks doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post

huh?