Thread: With Scandals Raging at Home, Obama Discovers Chemical Weapons Use in Syria

Default With Scandals Raging at Home, Obama Discovers Chemical Weapons Use in Syria

Yup - this is exactly what I thought when I saw all the Syrian war drums beating all over the news tonight:

With Scandals Raging at Home, Obama (Conveniently) Discovers Chemical Weapons Use in Syria

LewRockwell.com
    6/13/13

Barely a week after President Obama announced the ascendance of the left-neocon, humanitarian interventionist cultists Susan Rice and Samantha Power to the top of his foreign policy team, and in a time of choking scandal, alas a light at the end of the tunnel has appeared for the Obama regime: his old friend war!

The entirety of the US corporate media is breathlessly -- and, predictably, in lockstep -- amplifying the Obama administration's sudden amazingly convenient discovery that the Syrian government has used chemical weapons after all!

Just a few weeks ago the US Intelligence Community did not believe claims that the Syrian government used chemicals, then, after scolded by the Israelis they changed their tune to a very qualified "maybe." Now, with no formal investigation at all and no word on the chain of evidence or its source, we are told with absolute certainty that the Assad government has used the weapons. And they can't tell us because it is secret! Just like magic these things happen when needed!

And who has come forward to announce this breaking news discovery? Obama's rising national security council staff star Ben Rhodes, who,
    "...earned a master's degree in fiction-writing from New York University just a few years ago . He did not have a degree in government, diplomacy, national security; nor has he served in the CIA, or the military. He was toiling away not that long ago on a novel called 'The Oasis of Love" about a mega church in Houston, a dog track, and a failed romance."
    Rhodes is known as "the man behind the Benghazi cover-up" for his alleged role in altering the White House talking points and is suspected by some insiders to be the author of Obama's "red line" language threatening Syria.

And who says it is useless to study fiction-writing at university?

By the way, all that sarin gas discovered by the Turks in the hands of the US-sponsored Syrian rebels? Not a word from the US.

Hang on, war is coming.

UPDATE: Thanks to Deb for this fascinating fact: Ben Rhodes' brother is the president of CBS News!

Mods, can you merge this thread with this one:
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...d.php?t=184968

I'd searched for a Syria thread before I posted it and never saw this one till I logged back in just now.

Thanks.