Thread: Vita Mix or another brand

Default Vita Mix or another brand

does anyone know if there is another brand of mixer that would be the equivalent of a Vita Mix ?

Just trying to get the job done with a cheaper unit.

I seriously doubt there is anything close that would be cheaper.

My OLD (stainless steel container) VitaMix grinds things (some hard herbs, seedpods, etc) that NOTHING short of a hammermill would grind otherwise. I made the mistake of attempting to use my new, heavy duty Cuisanart food processor on one batch of roots... nearly ruined it! Went back to the VitaMix.

Now... as far as it's other "uses" (making smoothies, "cooking" soup)... I'm not impressed. Mostly it's just not my style of cooking, and a decent blender (I have a small Cuisinart food processor/blender combo I paid $25 for- it works great) will do the "smoothie" stuff, and you can cook soup on the stove!

But it does function well as an all purpose blender, too...

Summerthyme

I seriously doubt there is anything close that would be cheaper.

My OLD (stainless steel container) VitaMix grinds things (some hard herbs, seedpods, etc) that NOTHING short of a hammermill would grind otherwise. I made the mistake of attempting to use my new, heavy duty Cuisanart food processor on one batch of roots... nearly ruined it! Went back to the VitaMix.

Now... as far as it's other "uses" (making smoothies, "cooking" soup)... I'm not impressed. Mostly it's just not my style of cooking, and a decent blender (I have a small Cuisinart food processor/blender combo I paid $25 for- it works great) will do the "smoothie" stuff, and you can cook soup on the stove!

But it does function well as an all purpose blender, too...

Summerthyme

Another vote for VitaMix. I've had mine since the late 1980s and, as far as I can tell, it's daggone near indestructable.

Unlike Summerthyme, I DO make smoothies in my VitaMix, and they turn out great, as do frozen margaritas. Lots of good recipes online that aren't in the cookbook that comes with the unit.
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

I love my vitamix. I found mine on Craigslist for $50. The seller thought it was going to break, and bought a blendtec. But 2 years later, it's still going strong for me. I haven't seem another that inexpensive, but it's worth keeping a look out.