I know this is long, but please.

I saw a little moth in my spice cupboard and looked closer and found a couple of little larvae spun into cocoons on the back edge of the shelf. I took everything out and started cleaning and I found an old box of bread crumbs that was full of them. Of course I got rid of those and cleaned all the shelves and crooks and crannies with Soft Scrub with Bleach. I hoped the bleach would get rid of anything too small to see.

I am now thinking this could turn into a nightmare of a battle. I read online that the larvae get in the threads of jars and I checked all of my spices and sure enough there were some. They really like cardboard boxes too.

I read that they lay hundreds of eggs at a time. Okay the larvae I can see the eggs I can't see. Do I need to throw away all of my spices and cornstarch and other powders in that cupboard?

I am going to have to take my whole kitchen apart and then the pantry. Ugh! A friend told me to put bay leaves in the cupboards and that would deter them. I don't have that many bay leaves but I do have a great big Rosemary bush in the back yard so I'm using that instead.

If anyone has been through this and can offer me any advice, please.