Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Vegan needs recipes

You might like this site. It contains a ton of recipes and a vegan forum.

http://vegweb.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Butter is a vegetable.
    Right?
    Cows eat vegetables and turn it into milk, which is turned into butter. Which makes butter a refined vegetable.

Personally, I could never go vegan. I need my milk chocolate.

If your going to be vegan, I hope your shopping your farmer's markets and looking at all the unusual foods. Don't ignore the root crops and learn how to cook the old ways.

Cooking with meat at every meal is a modern day invention. It used to be only the wealthy who could afford to eat meat regularly, the rest of the population had to get their protein elsewhere. Instead of finding ways to make modern recipes fit into a vegan lifestyle, how about finding old recipes that didn't include meat?

Yes, your going to spend a lot of time experimenting to see what you like and what actually works. But look at it as the journey, not the destination.

Wink

Glad to hear of anyone going vegan...

Means more meat for me and mine.
    The truth of all predictions is always in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Animal Lover View Post
    Cyberiot that soup sounds fantastic too. I will give this one a try as soon as it gets below 100 degrees outside. Thanks for sharing with us.
    You're welcome, AL! Hope you enjoy!

Yeah, it really does taste better when it's cold outside . . .
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

I made the black bean recipe yesterday and my husband (the great meat eater), loved it!! It is a keeper but you do not need the Aoli sauce. I made it and used it but I know you will like it without the sauce. Oh and we got our first tomato!!!!!!!! It was a tiny yellow one and it was wonderful. Oh my!! I am looking for recipes that my husband will eat without leftovers because he won't eat them no matter what they are. Also only likes meat and I can see the near day coming and there won't be any for us. God Bless all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    Butter is a vegetable.
    Right?
    Nope. It's a food group. Just like coffee, chocolate, and beer.

All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein