Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humana Premiums Up 80% Anthem Up 95% in KY Because of Obamacare

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

this seems like another market "stimulation" brought to us by our servants in DC.
    corporations will swim in profits,.gov will pass more debt on to us,and anyone just hanging on will be toast.
    all because .gov cares for us dearly

My high deductible insurance went up 45% this year.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

It would be MUCH better to include the actual premiums to understand just what it is going to be.

80% of what? 96% of What?

It is not news until specific information is included. Most Employers and everyone already knows that the rates have gone up and continues to rise. But no one is going to be able to understand collectively just how much.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

I have blue cross through my school board. They didn't go up on the rates but increased the deductible up to $2k and then only 60/40 which is a rate increase compared to 2 yrs ago when we had 1500 deduct and 80/20. Prep and pray, the end has arrived.

We don't have insurance now because last year, they wanted almost half of Hubby's take home check to provide it. What are they going to want this Fall?

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by Limner View Post
    We don't have insurance now because last year, they wanted almost half of Hubby's take home check to provide it. What are they going to want this Fall?
    Twice that much it seems.

I once paid 750 every three months for blue cross decades ago, I can easily see it as thousands every three months now.

The last insurance we had was through the Hospital worked at. I think it was 350 a month in premium. If it did go to 700 a month in 2014, then there is literally no profit on insufficient hourly wages to continue working there.

Which is why I say there will be a total collapse coming when no one can work for hourly wages anymore in the USA. That is dead forever except the crying and firing.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Seagull View Post
    Twice that much it seems.

I once paid 750 every three months for blue cross decades ago, I can easily see it as thousands every three months now.

The last insurance we had was through the Hospital worked at. I think it was 350 a month in premium. If it did go to 700 a month in 2014, then there is literally no profit on insufficient hourly wages to continue working there.

Which is why I say there will be a total collapse coming when no one can work for hourly wages anymore in the USA. That is dead forever except the crying and firing.
    Seagull, if that is what is coming...then there will have to be a collapse. There isn't any other recourse....

ETA....if this is the case, those folks who are predicting a Fall collapse just may be onto something.

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by consteacher View Post
    I have blue cross through my school board. They didn't go up on the rates but increased the deductible up to $2k and then only 60/40 which is a rate increase compared to 2 yrs ago when we had 1500 deduct and 80/20. Prep and pray, the end has arrived.
    Pretty soon they'll pay 0% and yet still charge you. Oh, wait, that's Obamacare. (via penalties)

Quote Originally Posted by tygerkittn View Post
    Pretty soon they'll pay 0% and yet still charge you. Oh, wait, that's Obamacare. (via penalties)
    Hilarious, pitiful, pathetic, and true.

I dread seeing what my monthly insurance premium will be when Obamacare kicks in. I'm healthy, and currently only have catastrophic insurance so that if something happens, like health issue or accident, I won't lose my house and everything I've worked for all my life. That type of insurance is all I can afford, so I don't know what I'll do when I have to pay for a comprehensive plan that covers birth control, maternity care, and those things I will never need because those years are past. I hate Judge Roberts and the other Supremes who sold us out with their obviously unconstitutional decision that Obamacare was a valid function of government. Comprehensive insurance premiums will take all I have, and if I don't get it, I'll have the IRS to deal with. This is all so WRONG!
    Check out my handcrafted jewelry: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Lumara
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Rand