Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Humana Premiums Up 80% Anthem Up 95% in KY Because of Obamacare

Default Humana Premiums Up 80% Anthem Up 95% in KY Because of Obamacare

http://kyprogress.blogspot.com/2013/...tes-going.html

7/18/2013

By David Adams

A health insurance actuary at Humana testified in a Kentucky Department of Insurance rate filing document made publicly available today that his company's individual health premiums need to go up eighty percent in 2014 and that sixty percent of that increase is due to the ObamaCare requirement for all applications to be accepted.

Nicholas Mueller, the actuary, requested a rate increase of 91.3% on Humana plan KY71037 and 47.2% on KY71108 which he said is comparable to the current KY71037-01. The Kentucky Department of Insurance demanded $300 for a computer disk with all the new rate application information on it, but eventually relented today and let me look at it in their office.

Anthem's filing did not specifically reference a percentage increase from 2013 to 2014, but its average premium request for 2014 is 14.68% higher than Humana's.

The federally funded Kentucky Health Cooperative Inc. filing contained rates slightly cheaper than Anthem's.

Thank you for the heads up. I am glad i can not see into the future.

this seems like another market "stimulation" brought to us by our servants in DC.
    corporations will swim in profits,.gov will pass more debt on to us,and anyone just hanging on will be toast.
    all because .gov cares for us dearly

My high deductible insurance went up 45% this year.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

It would be MUCH better to include the actual premiums to understand just what it is going to be.

80% of what? 96% of What?

It is not news until specific information is included. Most Employers and everyone already knows that the rates have gone up and continues to rise. But no one is going to be able to understand collectively just how much.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

I have blue cross through my school board. They didn't go up on the rates but increased the deductible up to $2k and then only 60/40 which is a rate increase compared to 2 yrs ago when we had 1500 deduct and 80/20. Prep and pray, the end has arrived.

We don't have insurance now because last year, they wanted almost half of Hubby's take home check to provide it. What are they going to want this Fall?

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by Limner View Post
    We don't have insurance now because last year, they wanted almost half of Hubby's take home check to provide it. What are they going to want this Fall?
    Twice that much it seems.

I once paid 750 every three months for blue cross decades ago, I can easily see it as thousands every three months now.

The last insurance we had was through the Hospital worked at. I think it was 350 a month in premium. If it did go to 700 a month in 2014, then there is literally no profit on insufficient hourly wages to continue working there.

Which is why I say there will be a total collapse coming when no one can work for hourly wages anymore in the USA. That is dead forever except the crying and firing.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Hungry Seagull View Post
    Twice that much it seems.

I once paid 750 every three months for blue cross decades ago, I can easily see it as thousands every three months now.

The last insurance we had was through the Hospital worked at. I think it was 350 a month in premium. If it did go to 700 a month in 2014, then there is literally no profit on insufficient hourly wages to continue working there.

Which is why I say there will be a total collapse coming when no one can work for hourly wages anymore in the USA. That is dead forever except the crying and firing.
    Seagull, if that is what is coming...then there will have to be a collapse. There isn't any other recourse....

ETA....if this is the case, those folks who are predicting a Fall collapse just may be onto something.

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by Limner View Post
    Seagull, if that is what is coming...then there will have to be a collapse. There isn't any other recourse....

ETA....if this is the case, those folks who are predicting a Fall collapse just may be onto something.
    No, Limmer, it won't collapse. It's designed to collapse US. More of the redistibution of wealth the Zero wants. You can't add 12million more to the health care rolls (some say 30 million) without someone paying for it. Then add all the people with preexisting conditions that heretofor had to pay more to get insurance. Then add in all the muslims that have been exempted. (yes, that's right. Muslims are exempt) Then add in all the unions that were exempted and what you have is the bankruptcy of any one of us who still has any money.

If you can't pay it doesn't matter. What most people don't know that is written into the act is the ability to just go into our bank accounts and TAKE it. Rush covered it about a year ago. One of his callers said they didn't have a bank account to seize. Rush then told him they'd then place a lein on his house for the amount due. Perfect Alinsky/Marxist plan, isn't it?

Then to add insult to injury, just heard this AM on Fox that Harry Reid is planning to add ONE TRILLION dollars in new taxes. Said they just have to have more revenue. Their appetite knows no bounds. We're slated to be a nation of homeless vagabonds.