Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Blood Moon Tetrads and the Sign of the Woman

I just went over to the WWIII Watch thread, and found an interesting posting from BB that also leads evidence to this thread:

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/0...to-conclusion/

Even the secular mind sees what is coming and has its own predictions using modeling and "patterns".

Quote Originally Posted by evenso View Post
    2 Peter 3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, 4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
    5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:
    But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

I just love contradictory nature of the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only.

I just love contradictory nature of the Bible.

Uhhh, go back and reread that passage in CONTEXT.

Matthew 24:
    35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Yahshua is talking about the day and hour heaven and earth pass away NOT his returning. This has been one of the most MISQUOTED passages in scripture, and there are numerous misquotes people use to prove THEIR ideas and theologies' teachings.

One of Yahshua's commands to His followers is to WATCH for the signs of His return, and HE gave his true followers several signs of the impending troubles and events that
    point toward His return. He even told us it would be with the "sound of the trumpet". Every follower of YHWH's laws and precepts KNOWS which day the trumpet, shofar, is sounded on - Rosh Hashana (The festival no one "knows the day nor hour" because the new moon sliver can be either day). Yahshua's death, burial, resurrection and ascension completed every "spring" Holy Festival of His Father during his first appearance, and His second coming will complete EVERY fall Holy Festival. THIS was the intent of these when YHWH gave them to Israel, for they are SIGNS, SHADOWS and PRACTICES of the TRUE or REAL EVENTS TO COME.

Steven is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Well put...and, there is a burgeoning movement asserting the language is referencing particular feasts and Hebrew traditions, no? I suspect you might be able to educate a bit on that line....so, the so called no one knows might actually be a word to reference a specific time frame....

Isn't this in the tetrad thread also?

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post

Matthew 24:
    35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away. 36 “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Yahshua is talking about the day and hour heaven and earth pass away NOT his returning. This has been one of the most MISQUOTED passages in scripture, and there are numerous misquotes people use to prove THEIR ideas and theologies' teachings.

evenso is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

No contradiction whatsoever.

1 Thes. 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
    7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

I will live until I die and then I will live forever!
    http://needgoodnews.com

Quote Originally Posted by Thors Hammer View Post

Matthew 24:

Indeed, TH.

Luk 21:25And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

Luk 21:26Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.

Luk 21:27And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.

Luk 21:28And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

1Th 5:2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

1Th 5:3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

1Th 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by evenso View Post
    No contradiction whatsoever.

1 Thes. 5:1 But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. 2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
    3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.
    4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.
    5 Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
    6 Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.
    7 For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
    To NOT be in darkness means one is walking in the LIGHT (Torah or WORD of YHWH) LIGHT is and was a term used in Hebrew and Old Israel to mean WORD OF YHWH, and it is one of several Hebrew terms that referred to the Torah - Word of YHWH. "Truth" is another. Remember, when the disciples were writing their "letters", the only "Word of God" they knew was the Torah scrolls(LAW) and Prophets read every Shabbat. Only many years later did people take these letters and compile the book we call The New Testament, so when one reads from these letters about walking in the light, they are referring to being OBEDIENT to YHWH's TORAH. It gives wisdom to those who know its teachings, so they can discern the times and not be blind like those who do not know.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Job 24:13 “There are those who rebel against the light, who do not know its ways or stay in its path.

I used to poopoo all this talk of end times prophecy, but then I finally was convinced that there might be something to the study of it that God has revealed to us.

But ultimately I didn't bother to do any study of it myself because ... well ... there's nothing I can do about it more than what I'm already doing. If it comes in the next millennium or the next 15 minutes, I'm already as prepared as I'm going to get.

Smile I hope this is what you meanT,though not much room to type

Hi Steven,are you referring to Hebrew wedding anaology of the rapture/wedding of the Church? I think this thread is focusing on the 7 year trib timeline where everyone in most agree,at the end Jesus will definitely appear to the world and looking at that.

Remember--please don't feed the trolls.

(after all, if you think the rest of us are wasting our time, thanks for your concern, but it's OUR time to waste, isn't it? Meanwhile, we invite you not to waste yours....)

Back to topic:

Wasn't there an esteemed Israeli rabbi who died a few years ago, who left a sealed message not to be opened until some years after his death, and then when it was unsealed it revealed this:

That the rabbi had earnestly prayed to God to reveal to him WHO the Messiah was and when He would come----and God had done so, revealing to him in a vision that Yeshua was the Messiah of Israel and Savior of the world.

What I DON'T remember is WHEN, according to the rabbi, He claimed He would come, or what "signs" He gave him in this vision.

I DO remember that this Rabbi died a messianic Jew--though few knew of it until this message was unsealed.
    The only "change" I CAN believe in: I Corinthians 15: 51-52!