Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: Stupid people more likely to believe in God!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    It's not where you are, It's where your at!
    Posts
    4,134

    Angry Stupid people more likely to believe in God!



    The science of IQ has produced another winner. The facts of race IQ has been for the most part scrubbed from the net or at the very lest layered with enough untruth to leave the searcher confused.

    The Christian IQ though, well that insane new finding will find a nice comfortable warm spot to stay on the net. The liberal left made sure this was published in respect journals!

    Stupid people are more likely than eggheads to believe in God, a controversial new study claims.
    In a move that is bound to offend millions of churchgoers, a British psychologist says he has found a link between having a high IQ and being an atheist.


    The discovery helps explain why university academics are less likely to be religious than almost anyone else, he says.
    Church leaders dismissed the study as absurd and simplistic. They pointed out that many of the greatest brains in history believed in God.
    The study came from Prof Richard Lynn - a retired academic at the University of Ulster who has courted controversy in the past with studies looking at sex, race and intelligence.


    His latest work, published today in the scientific journal Intelligence, compared religious belief and average national IQs in 137 countries.

    Information about faith was based on surveys carried out in 2004.
    Prof Lynn found that in only 17 per cent of countries did the proportion of people who believe in God fall below 80 per cent.
    'These are virtually all the higher IQ countries,' he said.
    Controversial: Prof Richard Lynn's study has infuriated the church community

    When he broke down the statistics, he found a strong link between intelligence and faith. Countries with a lower national IQ tended to have the most believers.


    One of the few exceptions was America - a high IQ country where only 10 per cent of people don't believe in God.

    In Britain - another high IQ country - the figure is around 40 per cent, he said.
    'One factor that could provide a possible explanation for this is that many Americans are Catholics and the percentage of believers in Catholic countries in Europe is generally much higher than in Protestant countries,' he said.


    'A further possible factor might be that that the number of emigrants from Europe went to the United States because of their strong religious beliefs - so it may be that these beliefs have been transmitted as a cultural and even genetic ally to subsequent generations.'


    Prof Lynn said a survey of fellows of the Royal Society - Britain's science academy - found that only 3.3 per cent believed in God at a time when nearly 70 per cent of Britons described themselves as having a faith.
    Prof Lynn said most primary school children believde in God - but that they lose their faith as they get older and begin to question the world.


    But Prof Gordon Lynch of Birkbeck College, London, said the study had failed to take into account complicated economic, historical and social factors that explained different IQ and 'faith' levels in countries.
    'Linking religious belief and intelligence in this way could reflect a dangerous trend, developing a simplistic characterisation of religion as primitive,' he said.


    Ben Wilson a spokesman for the Church of England said: 'The idea that believers are not intelligent is absurd.

    'Some of the greatest thinkers through history have been people of faith. You don't have to leave your brain in the church porch.'



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,040

    Default

    So, based on this study and then the study from the other thread where it was alleged that blacks have lower IQ's ...

    Are we to assume that more black people believe in God than white people?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Central New Hampshire
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Wow, I'll bet the founding fathers, just about EVERY civil war general, multiple world leaders and physicists will be interested to discover how stupid they were.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    It's not where you are, It's where your at!
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    So, based on this study and then the study from the other thread where it was alleged that blacks have lower IQ's ...

    Are we to assume that more black people believe in God than white people?
    I guess that could explain how so many blacks use to be christian. Now most are omugabe worshippers or have gone to the dark side, islam.

    I deduce then this proves IQ can be greatly increased by communist/fascist enlightenment. We now have geniuses in the ghetto's, who would a thunk it?

    Apparently the hope and change thing really worked, the good guys are now terrorists and the idiots are now brilliant.
    Last edited by MsPaulRevere; 08-13-2013 at 05:28 PM. Reason: spelling

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    So, based on this study and then the study from the other thread where it was alleged that blacks have lower IQ's ...

    Are we to assume that more black people believe in God than white people?
    I think it means IQ tests are a poor measure of intelligence. The alternative is to believe black people and people of faith are of genetically inferior intelligence. What it cannot mean is that IQ tests for blacks are accurate, and the same tests for religious folks are not.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    It's not where you are, It's where your at!
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    Wow, I'll bet the founding fathers, just about EVERY civil war general, multiple world leaders and physicists will be interested to discover how stupid they were.
    This is just the big build up to the mandatory pick up of all conservative Christians. They are too stupid to be allow to live in Omugabe's new nation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a mountain top in Southern Sierras
    Posts
    3,512

    Default

    What would you expect from a "euro-weenie" who imagines he's smarter than the next guy?

    Where's the proof of his contention? Taking national statistical info and implying correlation is not very "scientific".
    2Tim. 3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MsPaulRevere View Post
    This is just the big build up to the mandatory pick up of all conservative Christians. They are too stupid to be allow to live in Omugabe's new nation.
    Which is extraordinarily unlikely as the manpower required to do such a pickup over such a wide geographic area would number in the millions and take weeks, at which point resistance would rapidly come together in the face of such a clear and obvious threat.

    What? You want PROOF? Okay. Here's a Gallup poll that says 77 percent of respondents--which if applied universally means 77 percent of the United States--identifies as Christian.

    http://www.gallup.com/poll/159548/id...christian.aspx

    Even if you remove the Catholics and Mormons--as some do, not without reason--that's still just over 50 percent of the country. You suggest a "mandatory pick up" of EVERY OTHER PERSON IN THE COUNTRY.

    Of course, I note you say "conservative Christian." That does change things a bit, as not every Christian is conservative. So let's assume that "conservative" Christians are a tiny minority. Let's say 10 percent.

    This still leaves us with a total "mandatory pick up" of somewhere around 18 million people. Across an area measuring 2,428,213,120 acres.

    Please, consider the mechanics of this sort of thing.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    It's not where you are, It's where your at!
    Posts
    4,134

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Which is extraordinarily unlikely as the manpower required to do such a pickup over such a wide geographic area would number in the millions and take weeks, at which point resistance would rapidly come together in the face of such a clear and obvious threat.
    If your credit cards don't work, your bank accounts are closed, your not allowed to work or eat you will go where they tell you to go and that is the plan.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aetius Romulous View Post
    I think it means IQ tests are a poor measure of intelligence. The alternative is to believe black people and people of faith are of genetically inferior intelligence. What it cannot mean is that IQ tests for blacks are accurate, and the same tests for religious folks are not.
    I think it's a pretty flawed study, myself.

    In this day and age, science and intelligence are considered divorced from religion. In fact, you see a lot of Christians priding themselves on how little they know.

    In previous ages, Newton and his type were considered very powerful figures in both science and religion. Men of science were considered to be discovering how God works.

    The author of this study is demonstrating his lack of logic. He presents his results with no understanding of causation versus correlation. Is it possible that more people of higher intelligence seek out higher education? Certainly. But is it also possible that in those higher education institutions, liberal professors and curricula train those higher intelligence people away from God?

    Personally, I find that higher intelligence does tend to be an obstacle in following God. It is too easy to fall back on your own thoughts and abilities, and often God demands things of us which make no sense to our education, training, and understanding.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •