Thread: Has anyone heard anything about WIC cuts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

PLEASE don't get all hinky about Oct 1. IIRC that is the gov't's financial New Year....Fiscal year start..
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Here's a link about the impact of sequestration on the WIC program:
    http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3909

It probably won't affect people who are currently enrolled but the number of new clients may decline. I have a feeling that this will be like the Head Start cuts, which is cutting 5% off of their budget, and yes a few employees will have to go. I don't mean to be cold hearted, but budget cuts have to happen, there is no other way out of our budget mess than to decrease spending.
    Personal Responsibility, Take It, It's Yours

If there were no WIC, formula wouldn't be that expensive.
    It makes it impossible for people who don't qualify (in other words, the ones paying for everyone ELSE'S WIC) to buy baby formula.

Well, in my neck of the woods, there is no way we are going to let any babies go hungry. The community and churches will step up. If you know of anyone in need, make sure they let someone know.

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    PLEASE don't get all hinky about Oct 1. IIRC that is the gov't's financial New Year....Fiscal year start..
    Yes. To follow through on that, it IS the start of the new fiscal year on October 1st.

Some changes are inevitable. I believe that WIC and other programs in that social service category are going to face cuts.

After all, where is it written that Taxpayers A, B & C should be forced to pick up the tab to feed other folk's children. The enabling legislation is only codified theft from productive citizens, imo.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche