Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus and Ugly Sex

ANYTHING GOES......in her disgusting attempt to become relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Oy, a little more for the list. But you're right; good steampunk is hard to find. Not to mention good dieselpunk.

In the spirit of recommendation, if you're an alternate history buff, get your hands on some Harry Turtledove. Incredible detail in there.
    Ah ... Turtledove. I've unfortunately picked just about all the meat off that bone. The guy needs to write faster.

He may also have been a little freaked out by my fan letter letting him know that when the apocalypse hits, we're coming to get him and bring him back to the secret bunker where he can continue to write in exchange for security and food.

PRC, South, Hah! Not any more, I escaped!

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    Ah ... Turtledove. I've unfortunately picked just about all the meat off that bone. The guy needs to write faster.

He may also have been a little freaked out by my fan letter letting him know that when the apocalypse hits, we're coming to get him and bring him back to the secret bunker where he can continue to write in exchange for security and food.
    I hear you, bro. Apoc comes down, I'll stand outside the door of your, ahem, retreat, and make sure no 'long pork' bone sucking miscreants knock on the door to disturb his writing.

LOL!! Thanks for the laugh-- I really needed it today!

My jaw hangs open on that one, Tosevite.

Quote Originally Posted by saulteux View Post
    Miley looked as though she was possessed.
    She uses a form of meth and brags about it. She was probably on drugs.

Best way to oppose these things is to ignore it and not talk or post about it. Celebs only do this stuff for attention, they don't care whether you're turned on or upset.

It's not an entirely fair point of view.

There is some seriously good music coming out right now. Adele has a great and powerful voice that takes you back to the time of Nina Simone. The band "Of Monsters and Men" has some great songs too. And that's just to name two modern groups.

The problem is with the canned and commercialized American music. It's all gone downhill. Miley Cyrus, from what little I know, NEVER had any talent and never even put in any work to develop basic skills. What you saw there was all she's got. And it's been done to death. She's not going to get any mileage out of it.

If you step outside of mainstream music then you'll find that the art isn't dead. Heck, just the American folk music scene could be explored from now to the end of your life and you wouldn't run out of exciting singers. Even the "old ones" are constantly emerging again. Heck, look at Bobby Bridger and Bob Livingston.

And if all that fails ... just switch the station over to a classic rock channel.
    I agree re "Of Monsters and Men." Also, the band "Radical Face" has produced some of the best music I've ever heard. If you check out what is termed "Indie Folk" music, you will find some true talent and some great story telling through song.
    We have barred the gates but cannot hold them for long. The ground shakes, drums... drums in the deep. We cannot get out. A shadow lurks in the dark. We can not get out... they are coming.

"...Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil." - Ephesians 5:14-17

you think???
    • “I am not afraid, because I was born to do this."

Joan of Arc
    Mark 8:38 - Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lo Echsar View Post
    I agree re "Of Monsters and Men." Also, the band "Radical Face" has produced some of the best music I've ever heard. If you check out what is termed "Indie Folk" music, you will find some true talent and some great story telling through song.
    I'll check them out. Always looking for new artists. Sometimes I like one song of theirs and sometimes I find a whole new artist to follow.

Serena Ryder caught my ear recently. I love that one song "Stompa" of hers.

Music is a dialogue that extends through the whole human race. Folk music carries the water and mainstream, canned music just falls by the wayside.

Look at "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald". That song has as much life as any epic tale of Beowulf ever did. I think it'll still be sung a thousand years from now, whether it's echoing through the halls of a spaceship in the long dark between the galaxies, or whether it's around a primitive campfire in the ruins of mighty cities.