Thread: EXCLUSIVE–Fired Religious Fox Sports Broadcaster: 'I'm Going to See Justice Through'

Default EXCLUSIVE–Fired Religious Fox Sports Broadcaster: 'I'm Going to See Justice Through'

Wonderful! May you be extremely successful Mr. James! And by the way...THANK YOU for caring!

EXCLUSIVE–Fired Religious Fox Sports Broadcaster: 'I'm Going to See Justice Through'

by Ben Shapiro 30 Sep 2013, 1:48 PM PDT
    http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-S...ames-interview

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, former Fox Sports broadcaster Craig James, who was allegedly fired for his religious perspective on same-sex marriage, spoke out, telling Breitbart News that he would not stop fighting until he got answers from Fox Sports about their alleged discrimination.

“If Fox Sports has learned anything from me, it’s that I’m not going to take a punch to the face and give up,” James said. “I’m going to see justice through on this.”

Hiram Sasser, James’ attorney with the Liberty Institute, added, “I think at the very least he’s owed an explanation. Where’s the explanation, where’s the justification? Why aren’t they talking?” James said that Fox Sports was hiding behind the corporate façade and hoping to play for time. “The occurrence might pass,” he said, “but the impact will be forever felt by the individual and society.

We have to avoid letting things slide on by, because suddenly a slide becomes policy.” Sasser added, “Fox Sports is just trying to ride this thing out and hope this all goes away. But you can’t go around torching people’s reputation in public, and then hope that something in the news cycle wipes it out of American’s mind. That’s not an appropriate way to do business or treat people.”
    A public groundswell on behalf of James has been building since Fox Sports first reported news of James’ demand letter to Fox Sports about his firing.

Organizations ranging from the Family Research Council to the American Family Association have called on Fox Sports to reinstate James. Last week, Collin County commissioner Matt Shaheen wrote a letter to Fox Sports urging the company to return James to his position and ripping the company’s “lack of respect for religious liberty.”

“The people are there to hold them responsible by sending complaints, letters, phone calls,” said Sasser. “There is accountability for their actions. Liberty Institute will hold their feet to the fire.”

November 5 marks the date of the first legal hearing over the case, which will take place in Collin County. “Some of those involved at Fox Sports have already been served,” Sasser explained. “The clock is ticking for them. They have an opportunity to respond and be heard. We’re looking forward to seeing what their response is. They floated the story out there that they fired hims because of his statements about marriage, which were part of his religious beliefs. They put that out there. They owe an explanation. We’re looking forward to hearing their explanation. They wanted to silence Craig. We don’t want to silence them. We want them to come to the public table and tell us what is going on.”

James stated, “This isn’t about me individually. People might not care for me as a broadcaster. This is about what has happened to a religious individual in America. It’s given me a sense of responsibility for others who may be in my same position who may not be in a position to stand up and fight.”
    -
    -

Craig James. A plague up on thee.

Had no problem in having his boy claim abuse and run off Mike Leach from Tech for Kent Hance---who then used his political connections in support of James when he ran--and lost--in the Texas Senate Race.

He was crooked at SMU as well.

Time to claim the "holy warrior" mantle and go after John Cornyn next year.

breezy is online now Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by rondaben View Post
    Craig James. A plague up on thee.

Had no problem in having his boy claim abuse and run off Mike Leach from Tech for Kent Hance---who then used his political connections in support of James when he ran--and lost--in the Texas Senate Race.

He was crooked at SMU as well.

Time to claim the "holy warrior" mantle and go after John Cornyn next year.
    You should back your claims with links, me thinks......
    Not doubting you.....

Its somewhat of an open secret in Lubbock.

Here is an article that at least generally hints at those points--though outright allegations against someone with as much clout as Hance would be unwise unless you had proof.

The Toreador is a Texas Tech paper. I'm a Tech alum and worked pretty closely with folks from tech at my former job.

Also an interesting story about chinese dollars going into build a very large wind turbine farm with the 'assistance' of tech. Hance can get it done.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/mobile/...9bb30f31a.html

Quote Originally Posted by rondaben View Post
    Its somewhat of an open secret in Lubbock.

Here is an article that at least generally hints at those points--though outright allegations against someone with as much clout as Hance would be unwise unless you had proof.

The Toreador is a Texas Tech paper. I'm a Tech alum and worked pretty closely with folks from tech at my former job.

Also an interesting story about chinese dollars going into build a very large wind turbine farm with the 'assistance' of tech. Hance can get it done.

http://www.dailytoreador.com/mobile/...9bb30f31a.html
    As a WSU alum and football fan, I can appreciate what Mike Leach brings to the football field and his deadpan quips are particular amusing to me, but I don't know much about the Craig James link to his firing by TTU.

The Andrew Gleinser article wasn't very helpful as anything more than an opinion, as it didn't even have direct quotes or comments from any of the accused.

I would be very interested to see how Craig James and Mike Leach each characterize what went down from their apparently opposite points of view. "Swing Your Sword" might be a good place to start to get Coach Leach's take. I wonder where I could see Craig James' account?

From http://collegesportsblog.dallasnews....l-duties.html/

“We just asked ourselves how Craig’s statements would play in our human resources department,” said a Fox spokesman. “He couldn’t say those things here.”

Auto-censorship - nobody even has to complain, they just have to be afraid of a complaint.

This is what comes from appeasing the QUILTBAG intolerance.

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimestop#Crimestop

"Crimestop" means to rid oneself of unwanted thoughts, i.e., thoughts that interfere with the ideology of the Party. This way, a person avoids committing thoughtcrime.
    In the novel, we hear about crimestop through the eyes of protagonist Winston Smith:

The mind should develop a blind spot whenever a dangerous thought presented itself. The process should be automatic, instinctive. Crimestop, they called it in Newspeak.
    He set to work to exercise himself in crimestop. He presented himself with propositions -- 'the Party says the earth is flat', 'the party says that ice is heavier than water' -- and trained himself in not seeing or not understanding the arguments that contradicted them.
    ---
    "If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be." - Thomas Jefferson, 1816

Fox News should be able to hire and fire anybody for any reason whatever.

1st Amendment "Free Association" clause.

*sigh*

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!