Thread: Power Grid Exercise Drill - Nov 13-14, 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The question I have had, and continue to have, is if these folks are actually going to be shutting down the electrical grid anywhere and if so, where? The shutting down of an electrical grid in just one city would have horrendous effects that are so far reaching it is almost unimaginable. I have read "One Second After" a couple of times and it is gives some real teeth to the idea of what would happen even in a short period of time to the infrastructure of people's lives and livelihood.
    I cussed-out a board member, and I didn't even get a T-shirt when I was banned.

Quote Originally Posted by loadnup View Post
    The question I have had, and continue to have, is if these folks are actually going to be shutting down the electrical grid anywhere and if so, where? The shutting down of an electrical grid in just one city would have horrendous effects that are so far reaching it is almost unimaginable. I have read "One Second After" a couple of times and it is gives some real teeth to the idea of what would happen even in a short period of time to the infrastructure of people's lives and livelihood.
    Spot on. I was asked yesterday in an interview about this exercise... I said that if TPTB actually shut down any significant portion of the national grid for even a few days, that there should be manslaughter indictments, because an unknown number of people will die.

Unintended consequences, indeed.
    In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.
    Proverbs 21:20

I'd suggest a scenario in which the grid attacks are politically motivated, uncoordinated independent actions and geographically widespread. I see that scenario as being quite relevant to potential future events.