Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Done, and done.

Our Guide to Prepping for the Oncoming Apocalypse
    Satire

https://www.dailysquib.co.uk/world/1...pocalypse.html
    Malo periculosam libertatem quam quietum servitium.
    I prefer liberty with danger to peace with slavery.

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.”
    Gandalf the Grey

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.

My Disqus channel:

https://disqus.com/by/PierreBezukhov1812/

I ordered some Universal Battery Testers from BUDK.com and it's a really good thing I did.

I tested the batteries I've had in my personal BOBag and Mrs. Bear's and sure enough most no longer had any juice. <--- time to rotate.

Amazing how a simple $5 item can save you a lot of trouble down the road.

Sunday I'll check the car and truck BOB's. Replace as needed.

Btw BUDK.com is a really affoardable place to shop for Preps or if you're a blade collecter. Reasonable prices AND I'm impressed with the quality of their blades <--- and freakin' sharp!
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

FYI: BUDK.com is having a sale on "RATS" = Rapid Application Tourniquet System for $10.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    FYI: BUDK.com is having a sale on "RATS" = Rapid Application Tourniquet System for $10.
    ome of these have plastic parts that break when applied or are impossible to apply w/one hand, and I know that someone else is supposed to apply it for you but 'someone' may not be there quick enough, but this was tested by the US Army so sounds good
    S
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenno View Post
    ome of these have plastic parts that break when applied or are impossible to apply w/one hand, and I know that someone else is supposed to apply it for you but 'someone' may not be there quick enough
    Indeed.
    I wear a belt with holes in it the entire length so I can use it as an expedient tourniquet God forbid.
    Learned that trick back in the 70's when a biker got broadsided by a car which took his leg off above the knee. He was wearing a belt like that and I used it to stop the bleeding. (And even then he was more worried about his bike than missing a leg.)

ETA: and tampons are great to stick into bullet holes. Don't ask how I know that...
    88 = Heil Hitler

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by BugoutBear View Post
    ETA: and tampons are great to stick into bullet holes. Don't ask how I know that...
    I've put panty liners in our BOB's to use as a quick and effective bandage for larger wounds. A panty liner or Kotex with some duct tape or electrical tape will help staunch bleeding and keep the wound cleaner than bandaids or gauze.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    I've put panty liners in our BOB's to use as a quick and effective bandage for larger wounds. A panty liner or Kotex with some duct tape or electrical tape will help staunch bleeding and keep the wound cleaner than bandaids or gauze.
    It's true.
    Back in the late 70's I came across an accident late at night. The man had a nasty gash on his head so I asked his wife if she had a Kotex in her purse. Just imagine the confusion. Happens she did have one and I promptly stuck it on his head. Imagine the scene: Emergency arrive to find a guy with a Kotex stuck to his head.

Hey, if it works!
    88 = Heil Hitler