Thread: A word of advice....

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Default A word of advice....

In the post-apocalyptic novel "Wolf and Iron" by Gordon Dickson, the main character -- a young man named Jeebee -- worked at a think tank, observing the signs of an oncoming collapse. But he did nothing to prepare for it himself. Mesmerized by the way the numbers were falling together just as predicted, he neglected to take any concrete action.

Scroll down to our current events....which likewise would lead any thinking person to believe disaster is headed our way. We need to be aware of the tendency to get all giddy about how smart we are, how everything is clicking together just like we told everybody it would. I recently saw a t-shirt that said, "I identify as Conspiracy Theorist. My pronouns are Told You So." We laugh at that and nod our heads. Oh, yeah, we told them so! But are we really ready for what's coming?

Today, my better half bought a loaf of Dave's Killer Bread for $6.40 at Walmart. That's up a dollar from two days ago when I bought a loaf. When the Saudis cut oil production, gas went up overnight.

I've got two half-grown puppies that we can't keep because they killed some of our chickens. But NOBODY wants them. The animal shelters are overwhelmed, as people can't afford to feed their pets, and they don't want to accept any more. We've got a car that needs some minor repairs, but NOBODY wants to buy it and we don't have the money to fix it. Our Social Security was bumped up about $150 a month for the cost of living, but that subsequently bumped us over the limit for state help on our insurance and that cost us about $200 a month, and made glasses too expensive for us to afford.

Earlier this week I was looking at some interviews with people who experienced the Great Depression. My own mother was a teenager in the Depression. There was NO MONEY to buy anything.

Are you ready to be poor? I believe more people claim to have gold and silver put back than actually do. And if you do, are you prepared to fight someone who wants to take it from you?

Things will soon be harder than anyone alive today can remember. It's a sobering thought.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

that was an excellent novel with much truth now being seen today and the end result will be the same as the novel
    *** Light travels faster than sound...............That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.***