Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Because I tore out the old parquet floor in our kitchen , I had to disconnect the cooking stove.; New ceramic 12x12's going down instead.

The prep activity centers on the fact that I had to set up my 3 burner camp stove. Works as well as my fancy gourmet range. Using a 20# propane bottle ( have 3 0f them in reserve plus a 100# tank)

GGK

Officially started garden 14.0 by planting lettuce and onion sets outside. A week ago I started peppers under lights, next week I'll start my tomatoes.
    One day or Day one?

We are going to begin moving in about two weeks, but will have six months to move completely. Today, I fielded some Craigslist calls and have a Wood Turner coming to look at our Curly Maple (some blocks, stump, and a log leftover). In addition, I've begun packing up all my empty canning jars. I reconnected with a local Contractor and sure glad I did. He will save us a lot of $ helping with our move (we are moving at least one of our two cabins...). In addition, will need to get some Conex shipping containers, and he can move those for us.

christie, where are you going?

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    christie, where are you going?
    Just outside of Sequim, WA, near the foothills of the Olympic Mountains. The elevation is well above sea level and out of Tsunami range. Looks like the closing will be in just two weeks.

The Wood Turner bought the stump and an 8 foot section of our Curly Maple log. So, added more money for the move and our next property goals. I have filled my first big "Zombie" prep box...they gotta eat, too, right?! They get all the stuff we have here, we don't eat (pasta, rice, etc...). The Zombie preps will be the last stuff to eat, if the Zombies don't beat us to it...

Our next property will be almost the same distance to the next boat launch, also to the bay where we can moor our boat. It is in an even less populous area, but actually closer to shopping then we are currently.

well congratulations. I have wanted to get away from the coast too, but I can hear the ocean from my house. My only consolation is that I am uphill but I do worry. It's in God's hands anyway...I'm happy for you. rosie

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    well congratulations. I have wanted to get away from the coast too, but I can hear the ocean from my house. My only consolation is that I am uphill but I do worry. It's in God's hands anyway...I'm happy for you. rosie
    We are going from being near the Hood Canal, separated from the Ocean by the Olympic Mountains, to being in the foothills of the Olympics Northernmost... We can't hear the ocean, but are far enough away for our own comfort levels.

I did bottle up some ripe apple cider vinegar. The apple peel experiment? Not impressed with what turned to vinegar. One pint turned to apple wine. The best apple cider vinegar was made with my own raw organic apple juice. I have 3.5 pints, but will make more next year.

Today, A rather large item got punched off of the list. I was finally able to purchase the last 10' by 20' storage shed that will eventually be converted into my new electronics development lab at the bug-out location.

The initial goal was to have one 12' by 20' shed for storage, one 10' by 20' shed for a mechanical workshop, one 10' by 20' shed to house the chickens and rabbits and one 10' by 20' for my electronics lab. That goal has finally been achieved.

Now it's simply a matter of moving all of my electronics equipment, work benches, parts and other design /repair resources the playroom at the current residence, out to the bug-out location.

The solar and wind generators and associated components will be situated on and in the shed being used as the electronics lab, with the storage batteries in a weather proof and insulated box, just outside of the electronics lab.

Things are really beginning to come together out at the bug-out location.
    It use to be that people were smart and phones were dumb. Today, phones are smart and people are dumb !

All sounds great, Microcarl! I hadn't thought about "prepping" since we bought our new property, but everything we are doing is prepping, now. There will be dirtwork commencing tomorrow, when we get the stumps hauled off and some fill dirt hauled in. In the evening, we may get our first load of logs hauled off to the mill. Tomorrow, I am looking at a big motorhome, that may qualify for a temp home while DH builds our log home. He isn't on board with that idea, but I am hoping to convince him. If he builds one garden cabin, we could use it to supplement the space we need while he builds our log home.