Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Hey BoB,

Dang, sounds like a belt is in order, but don't pay me no mind, I'm old school.

On the chainsaw front:

If it's a compression issue, which is usually-they will start, but won't run, it needs to be tossed, and is something that happens with older chainsaws.

Everything has gotten to the point that if it's broke throw it away, and get a new one.

I have two Stihl's and love them both. The 250 with an 18 inch bar, for smaller work, and the 291 with a 20 inch bar for heavy work. I also have the pole saw for trimming work. All three will cut enough wood in an hour than you want to fool with for a week. If you decide on a Stihl remember, they flood very easy. A couple of pulls with the choke on, and then take if off, a pull or two and your on your way.

Just remembered you're in the colder region of the US, so you may need to experiment with the choke. On cold days here, if it doesn't crank with the above, I slide the choke back on, give a pull, or two, then back off, and it starts.
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Thanks Cary I'll look into a 20" Stihl to replace my old Craftsman. It got old, like me.

Today's a day of pain management. <--- something I've been thinking a lot about for quite a while AFA Preps are concerned.

Really bad dreams last night.

Every once in a while it’s been like that for over 30 years.

My neurologist told me a while ago that chronic pain can have an effect on your dreams. Makes sense. Last night I opened all the windows. The temperature dropped and the cold absolutely has an effect on my neck/back.

They started around 2a.m. Mrs. Bear kept waking me up because I was screaming in my sleep. Interestingly, I’d fall back asleep and go right back into what I call a “Theme Dream.” Been having the same dream = 737’s crashing all around me decades before 9/11/01. Last night it was the same dream and this time I was in Southern Manhattan trying to get home on the Upper West Side. Multiple passenger aircraft were crashing all over the city and in my dream I was trying to run from them as they came down. It’s amazing to me how detailed these dreams are.

Need to start reading Psalms before bedtime.
    Id rather be deplorable than despicable.

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

--- Frederic Bastait

Everything I post is Fiction and should not be taken seriously by anyone....

Sorry for the pain BoB,

However, I think we all can say we have bad dreams.

For me in trying to fall asleep at night, or any time, I try to pick out some verses like Psalms, and think on them. Isn't that what "Shela" means? My thoughts are so boring I usually fall right off to sleep.

BTW if I had dreams about being in Manhattan, it would be a nightmare too.

And on the chainsaw. Look more for the motor designation like MS291, because different bars can be used on different sizes. My 250 can run a 20" bar, but there is more umph in the 291, and I am fearful of burning up the 250 with a 20" bar. Just saying be a smart shopper.

O, and BTW I can help you get your mind off of your back pain, just let me know. Learnt that from Major Payne. LOL
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Thanks again Cary for the advise.

Dawned on me after my first post that TF Green alternates its flight path every few weeks and last night around 2a.m. they were flying over our house. With the windows open it sounds like theyre going to fly through the window.

Mystery of the why I was having bad airplane dreams is solved.

Unusually cold here today. It's suppose to jump over 20 degrees by tomorrow and over 90 on Monday.

Oh, and I managed to salvage some of the plants from the destroyed garden beds so at least it's not a total loss.

When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it.

--- Frederic Bastait

Hey! The snow peas really are sweeter than the ones we get in the store. I belive there's some truth in the Farmer's Almanac about planting your peas before the first frost to make them sweeter.

Fixed my chainsaw and new chain. Cuts oak like butter! My Rabbi did most of the work but I was showing him how to do it. I think all the trees at the Shul are in danger now. Little too much fun I think. We dropped a huge oak tree and the ground shook when it hit.

Still haven't been able to get out on the ocean to fish. Physical issues are preventing me from doing a lot of stuff on my "Honey Do List."

--- Frederic Bastait