Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to prep today?

Did a run with future daughter in laws dad to the company store thats attached to the factory he works at . They have Campbells tomato soup $ 6.50 a case = 28 cents a can. Campbells family size cream of mushroom soup $ 6.00 a case =50 cents a can .Campbells tomato juice 46 oz can $ 5.75 a case = 48 cents a can. Prego spaghetti sauce mushroom 67 oz bottle $7.00 a case =58 cents each . Chunky sirloin burger soup $ 6.50 a case = 28 cents each. Campbells cream of celery soup $6.50 a case . Came home with the back of the truck super loaded. Local grocer has Muellers spaghetti 1 lb box hidden vegtable 2/99 cents.
    ?

Quote Originally Posted by dylanM View Post
    Did a run with future daughter in laws dad to the company store thats attached to the factory he works at . They have Campbells tomato soup $ 6.50 a case = 28 cents a can. Campbells family size cream of mushroom soup $ 6.00 a case =50 cents a can .Campbells tomato juice 46 oz can $ 5.75 a case = 48 cents a can. Prego spaghetti sauce mushroom 67 oz bottle $7.00 a case =58 cents each . Chunky sirloin burger soup $ 6.50 a case = 28 cents each. Campbells cream of celery soup $6.50 a case . Came home with the back of the truck super loaded. Local grocer has Muellers spaghetti 1 lb box hidden vegtable 2/99 cents.

Those are some great prices. Now that's the way to stock your pantry.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Made an appointment to finish fixing up DH's heart--atrial flutter ablation on Tuesday. Only have a few more parts to repair/replace before I have an entirely new DH! Prolly should spring for the extended warranty this time . . .

Also went to Trader Joe's and bought 36 pounds of charcoal briquettes and two cases of Three-Buck Chuck (Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc). Is there a theme here?
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

congrats, I'm jealous but happy for you

Quote Originally Posted by therosery View Post
    congrats, I'm jealous but happy for you
    Thank you, m'dear! Stop by for a glass of cheap-but-good wine anytime!
    All best,
    Cyberiot

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and annoys the pig. –Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by cyberiot View Post
    Made an appointment to finish fixing up DH's heart--atrial flutter ablation on Tuesday. Only have a few more parts to repair/replace before I have an entirely new DH! Prolly should spring for the extended warranty this time . . .

Also went to Trader Joe's and bought 36 pounds of charcoal briquettes and two cases of Three-Buck Chuck (Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc). Is there a theme here?
    Awesome to hear your all doing well.

"I shall not be a victim. I shall not be a perpetrator. Above all, I shall not be a bystander."

Wow just noticed this thread is on it's second year LOL. Oh well, here goes. I am elbow deep in apples, or will be after I go pick them all. Which is all good, we're out of applesauce! OH NO's! Hubby hates eating a tenderloin without it. So I will be canning that up this week-end. Also since ebola has me spooked, we are doing inventory and trying to fill in the gaps. Our biggest one was ppe and I now have a good line on some cheaper things to get thanks to a member here :) Also have to scout around our area for some young hens. Ours are about 5 or 6 years old now and while still laying, they are getting older. Hubby says we need some new chicks around here. I almost clocked him one till I figured out what he meant LOL. We'll get there...it's just slow going right now with all the end of season garden stuff going on.

She

Lake grocer is running a sale for full timers , now that the summer crowds have gone his prices are back down. 50 lb mesh bags of new red or new yellow potatos $9.99 each . Hickory hollow bulk sliced bacon 10 lb box for $15.99.

Picked up 5 boxes of bacon rebagged them into 1lb packs & froze them. These arent the bits & pieces , they are full slices. Picked up a bag of red & a bag of yellow potatos.
    They also have red & green apples you bag your own for 49 cents a lb.
    ?

I've been canning the rest of the tomatoes, 19qts today of stewed maters. Still have a sink full of smalls to turn into paste, but think I'll wait til tomorrow because I am tired of standing. Lol

Scratch n dent grocer had annies organic canned cheese ravioli, annies canned all stars , annies bernie o's,& annies p'sghetti loops w/ meatballs 26 cents each. All 3 granddaughters love them .Checked out with a cart full of them 281 assorted cans.
    ?