Thread: Easy! Famous Old Recipe....Chocolate Refrigerator Roll

Default Easy! Famous Old Recipe....Chocolate Refrigerator Roll

Is this ever quick and easy! I suppose you could add more chocolate wafers.

Only three ingredients in the roll. This is a real...back in the good ole days recipe.

It would look real holidayish with maraschino cherries and greenery like mint leaves on top.

I think would add some sugar to the whipping cream...So that would be four ingredients. Not bad.

Famous Chocolate Refrigerator Roll

This chocolate cookie roll is frosted with whipped cream and may be made ahead of time.

Prep: 30 mins - Chill: 4 hrs

1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 cups heavy cream, whipped, or 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
    1 (9-ounce) package NABISCO Famous Chocolate Wafers
    Chocolate curls, for garnish

1. Stir vanilla into whipped cream or topping.

2. Spread 1/2 tablespoon whipped cream or topping on each wafer. Begin stacking wafers together and stand on edge on serving platter to make a 14-inch log.

3. Frost with remaining whipped cream or topping. Chill for 4 to 6 hours*. To serve, garnish with chocolate curls; slice roll at 45° angle.

Notes:
    *Or, freeze until firm; cover with plastic wrap. Thaw in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.

This recipe created by Nabisco.
    -
    -

This is a yummy and easy recipe. I make at least one or two every year around the holiday season.
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

Thanks for describing the ingredients, I haven't tried such recipes in past, I will try today. Thank you.