Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

This weekend at Mount Vernon Virginia a delegation from at least 30 states will assemble at George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon, Virginia to begin planning an Article V Constitutional Convention.

The discussions on forming an Article V Constitutional Convention has come from many in recent years. Mark Levin's book The Liberty Amendments discusses such a convention.

Indiana State Senate David Long (R-Fort Wayne) sent a letter calling for every state to send a three-person bipartisan delegation to the December 7 planning meeting.

The initial meeting won’t actually consider potential Amendment topics, but rather, will set up the rules to be followed if and when a Constitutional Convention is called.

For many who believe Washington will never fix itself this provides a constitutional non-violent way to bring an out of control federal government back under the Constitution.

I ask anyone who reads this to look at the additional information below and if willing take part in your state.

For additional information;

The Liberty Amendment by Mark Levin is available on Amazon

Convention of States Project http://conventionofstates.com/
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Good luck.....

Fools....

Quote Originally Posted by Smith,J View Post
    Fools....
    Such an insightful reply. I have more to say but civility restrains me.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Such an insightful reply. I have more to say but civility restrains me.
    My thoughts as well.....

When the minority decides to open a vote on the one thing that gives us the appearance of rights in this country, well then I too can barely restrain myself.....

Quote Originally Posted by Smith,J View Post
    My thoughts as well.....

When the minority decides to open a vote on the one thing that gives us the appearance of rights in this country, well then I too can barely restrain myself.....
    Minority? Obviously you didn't even take the time to read any of the additional information.

As a procedure for "returning to the Constitution" - it's a waste of time. However, similar assemblies started sprouting in the 1770s as people became more and more disaffected.

As a sign that the love-affair with .gov is waning, this is a good thing. I don't think an Article 5 has a prayer of a chance of getting off the ground. And, if it does, what's to stop .gov from regressing back to where we are now?

The Constitution failed before the ink on its hemp paper was dry - just ask Thomas Jefferson.

Earl
    That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Withdraw consent!

Sam2 is offline Tree of Liberty Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    This weekend at Mount Vernon Virginia a delegation from at least 30 states will assemble at George Washington’s home in Mount Vernon, Virginia to begin planning an Article V Constitutional Convention.

The discussions on forming an Article V Constitutional Convention has come from many in recent years. Mark Levin's book The Liberty Amendments discusses such a convention.

Indiana State Senate David Long (R-Fort Wayne) sent a letter calling for every state to send a three-person bipartisan delegation to the December 7 planning meeting.

The initial meeting won’t actually consider potential Amendment topics, but rather, will set up the rules to be followed if and when a Constitutional Convention is called.

For many who believe Washington will never fix itself this provides a constitutional non-violent way to bring an out of control federal government back under the Constitution.

I ask anyone who reads this to look at the additional information below and if willing take part in your state.

For additional information;

Convention of States Project http://conventionofstates.com/
    This is a lie:
    This is a propaganda piece by a company man:

It is too late, for words... Resist. Or Submit.
    ___Resistor_____/VVVVVV\__

A progression of Lies, Disinormation and Obfuscations:
    A "bold new world" and "forces too powerful"
    http://tinyurl.com/o49lbyx
    An agregious post #24: Some Clear Thinking On 'The Debt'
    http://tinyurl.com/oqjvf3g
    More : Tax reform: restoring ... free market system.
    http://tinyurl.com/qgejpdl

Illinois 35 miles beyond the Chicago Mafia's reach

Illinois had a "ConCon" (Constitutional Convention) in the 1970s because Illinois' old Constitution was obsolete. The Illinois News Media told the public a new Constitution was needed because the Illinois Legislature only met once every two years >> Believe it or not... but the public fell for it.

Illinois drew up and passed the new Constitution (Written by the Chicago Democratic Machine).

Now Illinois is the MOST bankrupt state in the U.S.

Referendums in Illinois are NOW totally useless. Referendums are advisory (have NO force in Law) and are ignored by politicians.

State Bond issues DO NOT require voter approval now.

A new Federal Constitution Convention would be the same way... The News Media would NEVER reveal the truth buried in the fine print of the new Constitution AND it would not contain the OBSOLETE "Bill of Rights"

The Illinois Public was convinced that a whole new State Constitution was needed to make the state legislature meet EVERY year.

Just picture Pelosi, Reid and Boehner running the Federal Constitution Convention.

ANYONE REALLY WANT THAT ?
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

the one we have works just fine

we just have to actually use it

the only improvement needed is eliminating guvs ability to take on debt as jefferson suggested later in his life
    Pragmatic. Eclectic. Realistic.
    The BIBLE: Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth! Read it yourself. Live it. Love it.
    Vivere Paratus: Fortune Favors the Prepared. John 3, Rom 10:9-10
    Children of Yahweh, He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. I Jn 4
    The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nothing and the plans of the peoples to no effect. Yahweh's counsel stands forever, the plans of His heart to all generations. Ps 33