Thread: Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    I think this whole constitutional convention thing is a trojan horse.

If we had the numbers to do any good with this, we wouldn't need it. We would be electing properly constitutional politicians to begin with.

So what's going to happen is that there will be a convention called, and a new constitution written ... that won't in any way resemble the old one and will essentially undo all of the rights we had up until that point.

Bingo!!!

This is a great address by Glenn Beck. He explains much of what is being discussed for a Convention of States.

Audio: Glenn Beck Declares ‘Convention of States’ Is the ‘Only Way Back’

He also talks about those who appose the Convention, like the voices of doom and gloom we see in this thread.

Listen to what Glen has to say and make up your own mind.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Caution, Not Paralysis: A Point-By-Point Defense of Mark Levin and Refutation of Publius Huldah
    October 2, 2013 at 9:51am
    By Robert Kelly

Anonymous blogger Publius Huldah has attacked Mark Levin for proposing an Article V Convention of States to bring the federal government back in line. She claims not only that such a process would be commandeered by Congress, but also that there is a substantial risk such a convention would “run away” and do incalculable damage to our rights and our system of government. In order to reach her conclusions, Ms. Huldah has misconstrued the text of the Constitution, the Philadelphia Convention Debates, and the historical background against which they were framed. Far from defending our Constitution as she purports to do,her sloppy scholarship, attacks on the legitimacy of our Constitution, and advocacy for the extra-constitutional doctrine of nullification, exhibit a fundamental disregard for the laws, principles, and men that made this country great.

(You can read Publius Huldah's article at: http://www.usanewsfirst.com/2013/09/....r2lWoADU.dpbs)
    The rest of the article is here > https://www.facebook.com/notes/conve...64638810333586

The part in bold sounds like the voices we hear so loudly in this thread. Like Publius Huldah they are also wrong about a Convention of States.

Don't take my word for it that they are wrong. You do your own research. Make up your own mind. Unlike Smith, J I believe you are no fool and have the intelligence to make an informed decision.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

I'm holding a grand jury in my rumpus room.

Anyone like to join?

Bring snacks.

Quote Originally Posted by chicom View Post
    I'm holding a grand jury in my rumpus room.

Anyone like to join?

Bring snacks.
    You got room for the 90 State legislators from 30 States who met at Mount Vernon today to discuss the rules of a Convention of States?

Looks like the left is worried about the Convention of States. The Daily Kos published an "ALERT" last week filled with a lot of hang wringing. Oddly enough they presented much of the information accurately.

Some of what they said included;

Spurred on by Mark Levin and others, there is a grass-roots conservative movement to convene an Article V convention of the States to amend the Constitution by enacting so-called "Liberty Amendments"

There is a meeting of representatives from at least 30 states scheduled just three days from now, Saturday, December 7, at the library in Mount Vernon.

In fact, the state of Indiana has actually enacted legislation to facilitate the appointment of delegates to such a convention, and to govern their activities.

To take a step back, I should explain that Article V of the Constitution provides two ways to amend the Constitution. The first, with which we are familiar because it is the way all amendments have been enacted to date, is for two-thirds of the House and Senate to vote for an amendment, which is then sent to the States for ratification (which requires approval by three-fourths of the States). But alternatively, if two-thirds (34) of the States so request to Congress, Congress must then call a convention to propose amendments (which must then be ratified, again, by three-fourths of the States). Although the procedures for such a convention are unclear, the folks currently pushing this take the position that such a convention would be a creature of the State legislatures, with delegates appointed by the legislatures and bound by their instructions.
    Looking at the following map shows the number of red and blue states.

In the closing paragraph was the statement;

We need to make people aware of this threat to democracy and preemptively discredit those pushing it, before it picks up more steam.
    Sounds an awful lot like what some here at TOL are doing.

Credit to Mark Levin for posting to his FaceBook page.
    Last edited by Son of George; 12-08-2013 at 10:02 AM.

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Looks like the left is worried about the Convention of States. The Daily Kos published an "ALERT" last week filled with a lot of hang wringing. Oddly enough they presented much of the information accurately.

Some of what they said included;

In the closing paragraph was the statement;

Sounds an awful lot like what some here at TOL are doing.

Credit to Mark Levin for posting to his FaceBook page.
    Those colors don't seem accurate to me, especially Ohio. Pa and Fla...

Just sayin'.....

Not that it matters, once they get to DC they're blue

Your map seems to be missing a number of blue states (states who's electoral votes went for the Democratic candidate):

Ohio, Pennsylvania, Florida, Virginia, Indiana, Michigan.

Additionally, why is NY shown in two colors?

The rest of the article is here > https://www.facebook.com/notes/conve...64638810333586

The part in bold sounds like the voices we hear so loudly in this thread. Like Publius Huldah they are also wrong about a Convention of States.

Don't take my word for it that they are wrong. You do your own research. Make up your own mind. Unlike Smith, J I believe you are no fool and have the intelligence to make an informed decision.
    LOL, we've seen the election results. We see the media control....

We HAVE made up our minds... It's you that won't accept that we have....

Quote Originally Posted by Smith,J View Post
    LOL, we've seen the election results. We see the media control....

We HAVE made up our minds... It's you that won't accept that we have....
    What you got a mouse in your pocket or think you are some kind of king using the royal We?

You don't know the mind of anyone but yourself. You don't discuss. You don't offer alternatives. You toss insults like a liberal and treat those who don't agree with you as stupid inferiors. It is clear you have read nothing of what I have posted and speak only from a position of ignorance.