Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Article V Constitutional Convention Planning Meeting, December 7, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    I'll put it this way: don't feed the pigeons. Feeding the pigeons habituates them to being fed by humans, and without the humans feeding them most would die off. Same goes for all other animals, but also HUMANS.

Owning property for a human is the equivalent of owning hunting grounds for a predator. Without the hunting grounds it starves. Without private property most humans in that system will die in a collapse. It's really that ownership that compels a man to control his own life from the ground up. It is something every capable person needs in order to take care of themselves without dependence.

We already live in a two-tiered system even with everyone having the vote, which nationally has been nullified by fraud anyway.
    I just don't see it working that way.

All through human history, there have been plenty of people who survived for generations as landless men.

In general, they turned over a portion of their labor to the landowners, either willingly or by force. In the better civilizations, it was by choice. They were considered "servants". In the worst of civilizations, they were serfs or slaves.

The problem I see is that now so many of the landless don't do work and are thus a drain on the social systems.

And arguably, many people who see themselves as landed gentry now are NOT. They are 30 year indentured servants to the bank, paying off a mortgage whose price in no way reflects the real value of the land.

The real value of land is what someone is willing to pay for it, regardless of what others may say it is worth...

Jim
    "It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave. Keep on thinking free"... -Moody Blues.

"Woe is us who deign to suffer, the silly rantings of some other..." -Turnpike Jim

"I deal with reality as it occurs, everyday...."-Turnpike Jim

Doomed, I say...

Quote Originally Posted by Turnpike Jim View Post
    The real value of land is what someone is willing to pay for it, regardless of what others may say it is worth...

Jim
    I partially agree. In very real economic sense, you're absolutely correct. (Tell that to the tax appraiser though.)

But in a much greater sense of reality, the value of land is how it keeps you alive.

You can be sitting on 30 acres of prime bottom land with the most fertile soil seen since Eden, but if you don't grow anything in it or even so much as hunt the creatures who cross it, then it has no real value.

Peeling back the layers at the State level will give us a better idea of what we are looking at as far as party split in the State Legislatures. With the Convention of States proposing the amendments and responsible for ratification it is the States make up which becomes key to success.

Here is a list of the State Legislatures provided by StateScape.

The list needs updated as Virginia, for example, is now strongly in control of Republicans.

By my count after the most recent elections take effect on 1 January 2014 there are 37 - 38 States with Republican controlled legislatures and 12 - 13 with Democrat controlled legislatures.

With those 12 - 13 States when you look deeper there are a few which though Democrat controlled have many members which are conservative. Oregon is one such State where there seems to be enough conservative Democrats to flip the ratification to be in support of common sense amendments.

Another factor to keep in mind as a Convention of States moves forward is the nations swing away from liberal progressive Democrat policies toward conservative Republican policies.

If this trend continues, at both the State and National levels, through 2016 support for amendments to rein in this out of control federal government become much more of a reality.

As with any grass roots movement it takes people like you and me making our voice heard to achieve the outcome we want. Contact the State representative and make sure they know about the Convention of States and voice your position. Get information on how to contact your representative at Convention of States website.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Email from the COS Team

The momentum for the Convention of States Project is sweeping across the nation -- radio hosts, scholars, lawmakers, and journalists are all showing support. For example:

Forbes.com praised the Mt. Vernon Assembly.

Mark Levin and Glenn Beck teamed up to back a COS.

Gov. Huckabee joined Sen. Johnson, Sen. Coburn, and hundreds of state legislators to support the Project.

Some folks still have doubts, but Mark Meckler explained why they’re in the minority.

And why wouldn’t folks love the COS Project? As Michael Farris explained, a COS could keep the Executive Branch from creating laws.

Also, we’re proud to announce our $7,500 scholarship contest! We’re accepting videos and graphics on Jan. 1, so get those projects started!

Today, Glenn Beck is going to interview Citizens for Self-Governance President Mark Meckler on the Glenn Beck Radio Show around 11:30 am ET and then on The BlazeTV at 5:20 pm ET! Tune in!

Sincerely,

- COS Project Team
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23