Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A Pentagram Next To The Ten Commandments Monument In Oklahoma?

As distasteful as this is all rules and courtesy's should be applied equally to everyone or it is just the same as what many myself included complain about today with justice for some instead of justice for all being the order of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    I'd prefer to keep religion out of the public square in the churches, temples, mosques, covens and families where it belongs.

The last thing we need are a bunch of dueling monuments on the lawn of the state legislature or county courthouse.
    Absolutely.

......and while we're at it, let's get government out of matrimonial covenants and the IRS out of the "churches"......to start.......

Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    With today's cooling techniques, sanitary procedures, and the ability to buy shrimp from an uncontaminated farm what actually makes all shellfish unclean?
    My understanding is that all things "unclean" are deemed so for their foraging habits and their digestive structure, i.e. what they eat and how they process it seems to make the difference.

It is also my understanding that Paul brought to light our true libertarian nature, while advocating the personal voice of conscience in the matter.

Romans 14:14 - I know, and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that [there is] nothing unclean of itself: but to him that esteemeth any thing to be unclean, to him [it is] unclean.

A little research indicates why, even today, some delicacies are still best avoided, for health reasons, which is why I believe they were to be avoided "then". I find the admonitions in Scripture to be largely very practical when the origins and reasoning is looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    The New Covenant's Commandments are what need to be erected.
    Jer 31:33 "For this is the covenant I shall make with the house of Yisra’ĕl after those days, declares יהוה: I shall put My Torah in their inward parts, and write it on their hearts. And I shall be their Elohim, and they shall be My people.

I put them on my doorposts and gates.

Deu 11:20 and shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates,

This is the copy I have posted: