Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Pentagram Next To The Ten Commandments Monument In Oklahoma?

Default A Pentagram Next To The Ten Commandments Monument In Oklahoma?

Well this is an unpleasant use of free speech principles.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...utm_medium=RSS

(Non commercial fair use cited in perpetuity blah blah.)

Satanists petition for statue at Oklahoma Statehouse

A group of self-declared satanists in Oklahoma wants to erect a statue at the Statehouse, right next to a monument of the Ten Commandments.
    The Ten Commandments display was installed at the Capitol property last year over the objections of legal minds who said the display violated the concept of church and state separation, The Associated Press reported. The American Civil Liberties Union chapter in the state filed a suit to have it removed.

Meanwhile, the Satanic Temple, a group headquartered in New York, sent a letter to the state Capitol Preservation Commission saying it would donate a monument based on satanic beliefs.

“We believe that all monuments should be in good taste and consistent with community standards,” said Lucien Greaves, a spokesman for the group, AP reported. “Our proposed monument, as an homage to the historic-literary Satan, will certainly abide by these guidelines.”

Mr. Greaves said the design could include an image of a pentagram, or it could be a take a more interactive approach and have a display aimed at educating children, AP reported.

And the group credited the conservative Oklahoma atmosphere — in the heart of the Bible Belt — for opening the doors to the proposed satanic display, saying that if the Republican-controlled assembly hadn’t accepted the Ten Commandments monument, then the Satanic Temple never would have been able to push for its own display. Mr. Greaves credited one lawmaker in particular — Rep. Mike Ritze, who led the drive for the Ten Commandments monument, AP reported.

“He’s helping a satanic agenda grow more than any of us possibly could,” Mr. Greaves said in the AP report. “You don’t walk around and see too many satanic temples around, but when you open the door to public spaces for us, that’s when you’re going to see us.”

A big 'Thank You' to the Christians who paved the way for anybody getting their religious monument at the statehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Man View Post
    A big 'Thank You' to the Christians who paved the way for anybody getting their religious monument at the statehouse.
    Green man, bet this made your day. Where are ya Sprout and the rest? I am amazed at the transition of this nation over the last forty years. It's really sad.
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

I'd prefer to keep religion out of the public square in the churches, temples, mosques, covens and families where it belongs.

The last thing we need are a bunch of dueling monuments on the lawn of the state legislature or county courthouse.

The BOR applies to everyone, not just those we agree with.

I honestly have no idea why Christians would even consider the tables of the old covenant between God and the Jews to be relevant to our society anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by snewbie View Post
    I honestly have no idea why Christians would even consider the tables of the old covenant between God and the Jews to be relevant to our society anyways.
    Usually they don't. They teach the law/torah was 'nailed to the cross', or at least that old 4th. commandment is just 'for Jews', but the others still apply. Funny thing is, they are all claiming the 'new covenant'.

Well, that's a quandry too, since it is only made with the house of Israel and it is ALL ABOUT the torah to be written upon the heart!

Christianity is a funny thing. The majority doesn't follow the Scriptures unless it suits them.

Thats gonna be a problem some day.

Adult Children seeking negative attention
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

How'd this get to the cemetary "Where arguments of doctrine, dogma, and contention go to die. The final resting place of threads which have outlived their usefulness?"

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    How'd this get to the cemetary "Where arguments of doctrine, dogma, and contention go to die. The final resting place of threads which have outlived their usefulness?"

Beats me...I thought it was important hard news myself.