Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: A Pentagram Next To The Ten Commandments Monument In Oklahoma?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,013

    Default

    Its my fault of course.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mother Lode
    Posts
    2,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacknarwhal View Post
    Beats me...I thought it was important hard news myself.
    Things that make you go hmmmmm...


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by snewbie View Post
    I honestly have no idea why Christians would even consider the tables of the old covenant between God and the Jews to be relevant to our society anyways.
    Well that's a really good question. Why should I listen to commandments today that say I should not lie about you, fornicate with your wife, and then murder you if you object? Yeah we should forget those pesky Ten Commandments and just let the US Congress or UN be our moral compass.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Well that's a really good question. Why should I listen to commandments today that say I should not lie about you, fornicate with your wife, and then murder you if you object? Yeah we should forget those pesky Ten Commandments and just let the US Congress or UN be our moral compass.
    The Old Covenant was that the Israelites were God's Chosen People. The New Covenant is that an Israelite is one whose heart is circumcised, or their mind has become property of Jesus Christ. He completed the 10 Commandments saying a man shall not even think of murder, or think of adultery, etc.

    The New Covenant's Commandments are what need to be erected.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,842

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rsj View Post
    The Old Covenant was that the Israelites were God's Chosen People. The New Covenant is that an Israelite is one whose heart is circumcised, or their mind has become property of Jesus Christ. He completed the 10 Commandments saying a man shall not even think of murder, or think of adultery, etc.

    The New Covenant's Commandments are what need to be erected.
    Yes but Jesus expanded the ten commandments. In the old covenant doing the deed was wrong. Jesus expanded the concept that even thinking about it made you guilty. Looking on a woman with lust in your heart counts not just doing the deed. How ever the commandments are not canceled.

    I don't want to start a dogma war but reading Paul's letters suggests that living a sinful life style just because Christ paid for sin is not right.
    Nessie and Bigfoot 2016. Change you can believe in.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Yes but Jesus expanded the ten commandments. In the old covenant doing the deed was wrong. Jesus expanded the concept that even thinking about it made you guilty. Looking on a woman with lust in your heart counts not just doing the deed. How ever the commandments are not canceled.

    I don't want to start a dogma war but reading Paul's letters suggests that living a sinful life style just because Christ paid for sin is not right.
    Yes, that's what I meant: Thou shalt not murder in thine heart. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's wife in thine heart, and so on; a modification of the Ten Commandments not their cancelation.

    As an aside, because I don't want to start a debate either I enjoy the New Testament books by the Apostles the most.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Posts
    980

    Default

    My guess is the people of Oklahoma will reject the giant Satan statue, then a Federal Judge will overturn them and have it built.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    On a mountain top in Southern Sierras
    Posts
    4,974

    Default

    Are we aware pentagrams were THE symbol on our aircraft in WWII? Just as the red circle was on Japanese planes and the swastika on German planes.
    2Tim. 3:1 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.


  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sandy Eggo, Khalifornia
    Posts
    5,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orion commander View Post
    Yes but Jesus expanded the ten commandments. In the old covenant doing the deed was wrong. Jesus expanded the concept that even thinking about it made you guilty. Looking on a woman with lust in your heart counts not just doing the deed. How ever the commandments are not canceled.

    I don't want to start a dogma war but reading Paul's letters suggests that living a sinful life style just because Christ paid for sin is not right.
    There are a lot of people that eat shell fish and state that they can because Jesus made it clean...or something to that effect.

    I heard this and was thinking that they really did not pay too much attention to what was put forth in Leviticus...

    Not that I am anywhere near a person who can quote from the Bible, or anything else along those lines....

    Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

    CDC lied and more kids died

    Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

    Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ask the NSA
    Posts
    980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    There are a lot of people that eat shell fish and state that they can because Jesus made it clean...or something to that effect.

    I heard this and was thinking that they really did not pay too much attention to what was put forth in Leviticus...

    Not that I am anywhere near a person who can quote from the Bible, or anything else along those lines....

    Ferris
    With today's cooling techniques, sanitary procedures, and the ability to buy shrimp from an uncontaminated farm what actually makes all shellfish unclean?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •