Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Couple to Marry on Float During Rose Parade

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    Agreed. You and I know this but you just don't let the enemy have its way .....you fight until your last breath!!!
    That is the point.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

This world is not ours to fight for. We fight for the Kingdom of God, not for this fallen world. Our tools are not politics, protests and pogroms. It is prayer, fasting and faith. Even Christ, at the moment he was to be condemned to be crucified, addressed this:

Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

“Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”

“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”

Jesus knew that out struggle would not be for this lost world. It is for the people in it using the tools that he provided. There will be a time to fight, and he will be with us as we ride.

Quote Originally Posted by finchbird View Post
    I'm with ya, Breezy. Does our God want us to just lay down and let Communism, liberalism and the gay agenda just overtake us without any resistance? I just can't accept that.
    Its not without resistance.

Its HOW you resist. And what tools you use.

Quote Originally Posted by rondaben View Post
    Its not without resistance.

Its HOW you resist. And what tools you use.
    So are those who volunteer for pro-life organizations missing it? Should they just give up and let Planned Parenthood murder more babies than they already do? I realize that prayer is of the utmost importance and that our struggle is not against flesh and blood but does that mean that prayer and fasting is all we as Christians do? I can't accept that.

So are those who volunteer for pro-life organizations missing it? Should they just give up and let Planned Parenthood murder more babies than they already do? I realize that prayer is of the utmost importance and that our struggle is not against flesh and blood but does that mean that prayer and fasting is all we as Christians do? I can't accept that.
    By all means do. Minister to those who are hurting. Offer to help those that need your help. Those are tangible ways that we can be Christ to the lost.

Realize, however, that much of this world wants nothing to do with you or your God. Realize also that we don't win this battle. This world will exist in rebellion and ever worsening evil until it is burned away.

By all means do. Minister to those who are hurting. Offer to help those that need your help. Those are tangible ways that we can be Christ to the lost.

Realize, however, that much of this world wants nothing to do with you or your God. Realize also that we don't win this battle. This world will exist in rebellion and ever worsening evil until it is burned away.
    Everything you said is spot on and Biblical, Rondaben. I appreciate that!

Everything you said is spot on and Biblical, Rondaben. I appreciate that!
    Ty! I'm REALLY trying to get things right for a change.

Ty! I'm REALLY trying to get things right for a change.
    LOL! I hear ya. Me too!

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

That is the point.
    For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
    This world is not ours to fight for. We fight for the Kingdom of God, not for this fallen world. Our tools are not politics, protests and pogroms. It is prayer, fasting and faith. Even Christ, at the moment he was to be condemned to be crucified, addressed this:
    Pilate then went back inside the palace, summoned Jesus and asked him, “Are you the king of the Jews?”

“Is that your own idea,” Jesus asked, “or did others talk to you about me?”

“Am I a Jew?” Pilate replied. “Your own people and chief priests handed you over to me. What is it you have done?”

Jesus said, “My kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jewish leaders. But now my kingdom is from another place.”
    Jesus knew that out struggle would not be for this lost world. It is for the people in it using the tools that he provided. There will be a time to fight, and he will be with us as we ride.
    I don't agree with you here. The people of this lost world, are the people we should be fighting for the most, to introduce them to the Light.

Maybe I'm wrong....but the Spirit within me says differently....

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

We don't win this battle but we win the war.....

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    We don't win this battle but we win the war.....
    Yep!
    -
    -