Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Looks Like Weimar Germany’: The Viral Photo Out of CT Giving Some Gun Owners Chills

I don't share a harsh judgment of those men. I look at them and see sons of the men that built this nation. I see the men who keep it running. These are the men who pay the taxes and follow the law. Men that I share a great deal in common with. One thing I'm certain of is that there are no men that the government can call criminal in that line.

When will they decide that voting is but one more step on the path away from liberty upon which they are being driven even at that very moment?

I think many if not most already have. That's why they want to keep their guns.

Idaho handgun regulations

State Permit to Purchase? No
    Firearm registration? No
    "Assault weapon" law? No
    Magazine Capacity Restriction? No
    Owner license required? No
    Concealed Carry permits issued? Yes
    May carry concealed when outside the confines of a city or city limits
    Open Carry? Yes
    May carry openly without permit/license.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade Failure View Post
    I am one of those being called a sheep here. All we did was register what was already known.

To all the chest thumpers out there...

If, when, this comes to your fine states, the residents will roll over and take it the same way.

Show me one state with NO gun laws. Show me one state where you walk into a gun store and buy a rifle with NO paperwork. Show me ONE state with ACTIVE resistance.
    Gun store?
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

That hideous photo is in the parking lot and side area of the CT State Police and their public safety-gun control center on River Road in Middletown.

Now it is to register your guns, ammo and mags.

Tomorrow it will be the same folks in another line. We all know how that ends.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Son of George View Post
    Idaho handgun regulations

State Permit to Purchase? No
    Firearm registration? No
    "Assault weapon" law? No
    Magazine Capacity Restriction? No
    Owner license required? No
    Concealed Carry permits issued? Yes
    May carry concealed when outside the confines of a city or city limits
    Open Carry? Yes
    May carry openly without permit/license.

Yes, I'm feeling pretty free.

Registration will result in confiscation. It has been proven in 3 states already. I wouldn't expect people in the northeast to engage in, or be effective in any speculative insurgency. I consider them and California as pacified zones.

Sorry, but there it is.

Why would I cross the nation to fight for people who won't fight for themselves, and more than likely assist their government in a feeble attempt to curry favor with that government?

Anyone have any examples in history where armed men of conviction came to the aid of those who wantonly complied with civil invitations to register....or disarm.

I don't see any large scale force being applied to men who refuse to consent.....yet....

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade Failure View Post
    I am one of those being called a sheep here. All we did was register what was already known.

To all the chest thumpers out there...

If, when, this comes to your fine states, the residents will roll over and take it the same way.

Show me one state with NO gun laws. Show me one state where you walk into a gun store and buy a rifle with NO paperwork. Show me ONE state with ACTIVE resistance.
    All states are subject to GCA-68 which means Form 4473 when you buy a gun.

Vermont and Idaho have almost nothing in terms of gun legislation. VT has something about firing a gun from a moving vehicle. I'm not prepared to quote anything else or about Idaho.

Active resistance? I have not seen any. The sheep are being set up to be sheared and they meekly comply.

Malloy is a DANGEROUS man. I hope the folks in CT understand that.

Even the bravest of us rarely has the courage for what he really knows. - Nietzsche

Recently watched some documentaries on Waco and Ruby Ridge. The thing that stood out the most was that the people actually being attacked didn't put up a "fight like a viking" defense. This was especially pronounced in the Waco siege when they didn't finish off the ATF agents who were climbing from the windows.

Not going to criticize people who have tanks and the "army" show up, but it did surprise me. Would think if your "compound" is being burned to the ground and holes busted through your walls with a tank turret then you might as well fight to the death or tactical retreat if possible.

Would think if your wife's head is blown off while she's holding a baby her arms and your son was shot in the back, then its game on if at all militarily possible.

Did see alot of protesters at the Ruby Ridge incident, were there that many at Waco? Wonder if they got anything accomplished...

Yes siege defenders will get killed almost all the time, but it will at least show the attackers that these operations will cost them.

And observers who see these events might or might not galvanize around the sieged "martyrs".

My granny grew up in the Soviet Union and describes incidents where people were just taken away in the middle of the night. I asked her why the people didn't resist and she said they were scared silly....

Ditto that, Captlid.

I researched both incidents you mentioned above and couldn't quite put two and two together.

Talk about restraint, if that's what it was......

So much for a line in the sand huh?

One could make the excuse that without permits one could not purchase a firearm...unless one goes to a different source other than the mainstream. Think about it, in many ways even now you are what they call a criminal, a nutcase, a domestic terrorist, this is just one more small step. If you comply with an unjust law you are just as guilty as those who make those laws.

To those that went along with this under the guise of "they already knew we had them" well then what was the purpose of it?

We all have the right to keep and bear arms, no matter what "law" has been passed afterward. Stop telling yourself rational lies. Your true enemy depends on it.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken