Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: ‘Looks Like Weimar Germany’: The Viral Photo Out of CT Giving Some Gun Owners Chills

Quote Originally Posted by StandFree View Post
    This helps the state find mentally disturbed people who should not have guns. See? We will all be safer!

But, then, the state thinks that anyone with a gun is mentally disturbed. It is nice of them to sign themselves up for the list!
    This is exactly what they did in California. First they registered the guns. Later, with the stroke of a pen, they made it illegal for certain "groups" of people to keep their legally purchased and registered guns. The police were dispatched to seize those guns. It will happen in Connecticut too.

California Seizes Guns as Owners Lose Right to Keep Arms

Wearing bulletproof vests and carrying 40-caliber Glock pistols, nine California Justice Department agents assembled outside a ranch-style house in a suburb east of Los Angeles. They were looking for a gun owner who’d recently spent two days in a mental hospital.

They knocked on the door and asked to come in. About 45 minutes later, they came away peacefully with three firearms.

California is the only state that tracks and disarms people with legally registered guns who have lost the right to own them, according to Attorney General Kamala Harris. Almost 20,000 gun owners in the state are prohibited from possessing firearms, including convicted felons, those under a domestic violence restraining order or deemed mentally unstable.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...bear-arms.html
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

When we hear the battle cries of people surrounded in their homes in Connecticut by jackbooted thugs, people who DID NOT surrender or stand compliantly in line to register ...

Who will ride to their rescue?

Or will we stand by our mantra that "should have moved out of Connecticut"?

Who will be the sheep then?

No one is going to ride to anyone's rescue...

Quote Originally Posted by Cascade Failure View Post
    No one is going to ride to anyone's rescue...
    That's kind of the point.

How can we call these men sheeple for complying with this new government law when WE fill out our background check forms compliantly or show our driver's license when we buy ammo, or buy our little concealed carry permits from the state?

AID is required. Not condemnation.

I have no guns to register after that horrible boating accident
    Plato once said, “Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools, because they have to say something.”

"Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt." "Men willingly believe what they wish to believe."
    Julius Caesar

There's no natural calamity that government can't make worse.
    Bill Bonner

I am one of those being called a sheep here. All we did was register what was already known.

To all the chest thumpers out there...

If, when, this comes to your fine states, the residents will roll over and take it the same way.

Show me one state with NO gun laws. Show me one state where you walk into a gun store and buy a rifle with NO paperwork. Show me ONE state with ACTIVE resistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    I have no guns to register after that horrible boating accident
    All of mine were stolen from shipping containers during my last move.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    That's kind of the point.

How can we call these men sheeple for complying with this new government law when WE fill out our background check forms compliantly or show our driver's license when we buy ammo, or buy our little concealed carry permits from the state?

AID is required. Not condemnation.
    I am one of those being called a sheep here. All we did was register what was already known.

If, when, this comes to your fine states, the residents will roll over and take it the same way.

Show me one state with NO gun laws. Show me one state where you walk into a gun store and buy a rifle with NO paperwork. Show me ONE state with ACTIVE resistance.

qft...
    nemophilist.

I'm on your side, CF.

I carry in my wallet still a "Firearm Owner's Identification Card" that I was forced to buy when we lived in Illinois. Was I a sheep for getting it? No. Without it I couldn't so much as buy a brick of ammo or acquire new weapons.

Anybody with a concealed carry permit where the state licensed them to exercise their 2nd amendment right isn't any better.

It's shameful to be backed into that corner and have to comply with these things, but it is what it is until it can be made something different.

Lets see, I have your bone here,,yes its next to the dog. But you will have to take it from him,,,,,,forget it,,you might get bit,,would not want that to happen would we.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"