Page 12 of 90 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: World War III News Watch Thread: 2/24/14 - 3/2/14

Default No actual confirmation from the IAF:

Interesting nugget of information in this article caught my eye:
    http://www.jpost.com/Defense/Lebanes...targets-342439
    Lebanese media: Israeli air raid hits Hezbollah targets
    Hezbollah is believed to be armed with some 100,000 rockets and missiles, including a small but deadly collection of satellite-guided projectiles that can be used to target key Israeli installations and national infrastructure sites in a future war.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Hezbollah members were put on alert on the southern coast of South Lebanon’s Al-Zahrani out of fear of Israeli commando operations, NOW’s correspondent in the South reported.

Israeli airplanes have also been seen flying at low altitudes over southern coastal areas, including the city of Tyre.

https://now.mmedia.me/lb/en/Newest-Developments/536791-bombing-targets-northern-beqaas-jenta-and-al-nabi-sheet

Scott Hielen‏@traumleben43 secs
    Russian and NATO generals agree to keep in touch over Ukraine http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSBREA1N1L220140224 …

Quote Originally Posted by jhpigott View Post
    Russian parliament proposes handing out passports to ethnic Russians in Ukraine http://www.interfax.ru/russia/news/360591 … More deja vu of Georgia war
    Interesting..kind of like a soft invasion.

Not soft. Hard all the way. The Google translated article shows that the Russians hold Ukraine the bad guy and they are all about going in to clean it up.
    I have decided the Tree is now infested with Trolls intent on destroying anyone who dares talk openly on these forums.

I will no longer be posting or logging on to the tree. My time is over here.

Some of you will celebrate. I will not be around to hear of it.

Good day.

Exclamation Russian units transferred from securing the Sochi games to the Ukraine border

debkafile’s military sources report that units of the Russian forces which formed a steel ring around the Olympic Winter Games that ended in Sochi Sunday were flown and shipped Monday, Feb. 24 to Russian bases at the Ukrainian Crimean port of Sevastopol, as Moscow refused to recognize the legitimacy of the new authorities in Kiev.
    Giant Russian Air Force transports and rapid deployment forces were placed on alert at the Rostov on-Don base east of the predominantly Russian-speaking southeastern Ukrainian town of Donetsk.
    Russian military movements were also sighted near Belgorod, a Russian town 40 kilometers from the Ukraine border and north of its second largest town of Kharkov. There, too, most of the inhabitants are Russian speaking with a strong affinity to Moscow – in contrast to their European-oriented compatriots in the capital, Kiev.
    These military movements were accompanied by sharp Russian rhetoric in Moscow’s first direct response to the tumult in Kiev and ouster of the pro-Russian President Viktor Yanukovych, against whom Kiev police Monday issued a warrant for mass murder.
    Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said Monday: “Today I see no legitimate Ukrainian partners for a dialogue. If people crossing Kyiv in black masks and Kalashnikov rifles are considered a government, it will be difficult for us to work with such a government," he said, calling it “the result of a mutiny.”
    The prime minister spoke of a “real threat to our interests, and to our citizens’ lives and health.”
    With these comments, the Russian leader laid down a pretext for Russian military intervention in Ukraine. It was Moscow’s response to the warning issued by US National Security Adviser Susan Rice Sunday, Feb. 23, that “it would be a grave mistake for Russia to send military force.”
    An area emerging as a potential flashpoint in the Ukraine crisis is the Crimean peninsula in the south.
    This territory and its port of Sevastopol was part of Russian imperial might from the 18th century until in 1954 when Nikita Khrushchev, an ethnic Ukrainian, transferred it to Ukrainian control – a step bitterly resented by Russians ever since.
    When Ukraine broke away from the Soviet Union in 1991, it took Crimea with it. Moscow has since leased the strategically critical naval base as a deep-water port for the Russian Black Sea Fleet, with easy access to the Mediterranean. The lease is paid up to 2042. Ethnic Russians make up almost 60 per cent of the population, with Ukrainians and Crimean Tatars accounting for the rest. If Ukrainian turmoil continues and it faces a real threat of breaking up, Vladimir Putin may seize the opportunity to recover the peninsula. The Russian military force in Sebastopol was already beefed up Monday.http://www.debka.com/article/23704/R...Ukraine-border
    Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Al Jazeera Arabic reports that #Hezbollah denies any of its positions in #Lebanon have been targeted by #Israeli air raids

Israel News Feed ‏@IsraelHatzolah 2m
    Several Hezbollah militants killed in Israeli air strike at Lebanese Syrian border, targeting Hezbollah facilities.

@MiddleEast_BRK: #BreakingNews #IAF strikes said to have hit near the three Lebanese towns of #Janta, #Brital and #al_Nabi_Sheet. map: http://t.co/28eAyVYA4p

Russian Ships Carrying Soldiers Said To Be En Route To #Sevastopol
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-02-24/russ…..topol …

12:31
    eu ready to grant financial aid to ukraine after govt is formed there and hopes for cooperation with russia in this issue – eu ambassador to moscow

12:37
    russia not going to interfere in ukrainian affairs and expects its western partners to take the same position – lavrov

12:38
    lavrov: It is dangerous to impose "either with us or against us" choice on ukraine