Thread: Ezekiel 24:16-17a; 18

Default Ezekiel 24:16-17a; 18

Son of man, behold, I am about to take the delight of your eyes away from you at a stroke; yet you shall not mourn or weep, nor shall your tears run down. Sigh, but not aloud; make no mourning for the dead. ...So I spoke to the people in the morning, and at evening my wife died. And on the next morning I did as I was commanded.
    Biblically, I understand this to mean Ezekiel was acting out through his own heartbreaking loss, the inner pain about to be felt by the exiles in Babylon upon hearing of Jerusalem's destruction, as well as the slaughter of their loved ones left there; and that as exiles in Babylon, they could not mourn adequately. BUT.....

that first sentence TOOK MY BREATH AWAY! It was as if God was speaking personally to me. Not that I didn't mourn and weep over Jim's 'departure' (I won't call it death because I know he is more fully alive now than he ever was), and at times still do mourn over the missing of "the delight of my eyes," but it is getting more infrequent and the spans shorter. Reading this tonight was as if God was reminding me, "I'm taking (have taken) Jim away but there is no time for you to jump into a never-ending pity party because I have much more for you to do."

And on the following morning after Jim's departure, and every morning thereafter, "I [do] as I am commanded"...I get up and FUNCTION, using every opportunity to proclaim the love and faith of my Lord. Yes, the "delight of my eyes" is gone from my view, but it has been replaced by the 'delight of my heart and soul,' who holds this widow up and loves me, and gives me His peace, and knows the exact numbers of hairs on my head every morning. Praise the Lord O my soul; with all my inmost being I praise Your holy name.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post
    And on the following morning after Jim's departure, and every morning thereafter, "I [do] as I am commanded"...I get up and FUNCTION, using every opportunity to proclaim the love and faith of my Lord. Yes, the "delight of my eyes" is gone from my view, but it has been replaced by the 'delight of my heart and soul,' who holds this widow up and loves me, and gives me His peace, and knows the exact numbers of hairs on my head every morning. Praise the Lord O my soul; with all my inmost being I praise Your holy name.

Good for you. Just keep moving forward and trusting.
    There's a fine line between cuddling and holding someone down so they can't get away.

Follow me on Twitter @BigMx3

Amen.

Buick Electra,

I woke up thinking about you this morning, and how beautiful your words were. You know, the crazy thing about the internet is you never know how much your words will affect those who read them. I'm so glad you took the time to write them.

heiwa

Quote Originally Posted by heiwa View Post
    Buick Electra,

I woke up thinking about you this morning, and how beautiful your words were. You know, the crazy thing about the internet is you never know how much your words will affect those who read them. I'm so glad you took the time to write them.

heiwa
    Thanks much Heiwa. I'm normally a private person. When I got done reading the above scripture last night, I journaled about it then closed my journal, all ready to settle under my electric blanket for a good nights sleep. But the the Holy Spirit said I needed to share how this affected me. My response was, "Really? Because Abba, I've posted a LOT about my feelings, as well as Your praises concerning Jim's death. Don't You think this may be overkill?...that people will think I just can't stop posting about 'me?' " LOL! Our Father is an Entity of few words that can really get His point across, where He simply responded, "Post it." My response was "Yes Sir," as my feet hit the floor and I was off to my computer with journal in hand. So, don't give me any credit for posting this...just listening and following what His Spirit directed me to do.
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

I'm so glad you listened.

May I ask a sort of personal question? How do you journal about Scripture? I've never heard of that before and it sounds pretty wonderful.

heiwa

There is a special meaning for me too that I can't go into. Thankyou for your obedience!
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore