Page 139 of 165 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1644

Thread: Feds, Nevada rancher facing off over public lands

MidnightTide Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel Adams View Post
    Miradus' waffling on this issue, back and forth, back and forth, since it's beginnings.....has caused me to scratch his name from the list of those I intend to call upon if my day ever comes......

LOL

I don't intend on calling on anyone online once the SHTF, I will be heading to my BOL and pity anyone getting in my way. Do some of you have plans on getting together with people you know online?

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightTide View Post
    LOL

I don't intend on calling on anyone online once the SHTF, I will be heading to my BOL and pity anyone getting in my way. Do some of you have plans on getting together with people you know online?
    ...the one person who I know from the Tree is either Gray, or has moved elsewhere. Everyone else is north by 40 - 50 miles or east by several hundred.

saying that he went gray a few years ago and hasn't logged on to his account here in years...

Jamul Dog miss you man...

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightTide View Post
    LOL

We've known each other in the real world for almost ten years and been brothers in all but name. Our friendship has been wounded of late but I didn't expect it to have a bullet put in it.

I'm done with this issue. Done discussing it. People of good conscience may differ in opinion over these things but it shows poor character for us to savage each other over this. I've given my warnings, and I've told everyone to count the potential cost before you start building this tower.

I brush the dust from my sandals on this topic. My viewpoint on it has come with a high price.

MidnightTide Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    We've known each other in the real world for almost ten years and been brothers in all but name. Our friendship has been wounded of late but I didn't expect it to have a bullet put in it.

I'm done with this issue. Done discussing it. People of good conscience may differ in opinion over these things but it shows poor character for us to savage each other over this. I've given my warnings, and I've told everyone to count the potential cost before you start building this tower.

I brush the dust from my sandals on this topic. My viewpoint on it has come with a high price.
    Well if a few discussions on here tested the relationship that much then you should be glad it happened here and not in a true test of a SHTF. There are a FEW people I would trust with my back, none of them are online.

Miradus' waffling on this issue, back and forth, back and forth, since it's beginnings.....has caused me to scratch his name from the list of those I intend to call upon if my day ever comes......
    So you'd dump a long time friend just for telling the truth instead of running with the herd?
    And here I thought you were all about "freedom of speech"

Freedom of speech is a right yes. But, on such a subject one needs to choose sides. There can be no flip flopping on such a important movement.If you can't trust the man to your left and right no matter what your fight is already lost. Yes there is going to be consequences either way. With risks involved but sides must be taken. I will bug out with people I trust. Who knows how long before it takes for confrontation. I don't know about the rest of you but I would rather die like a man than live like a slave.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing
    -Edmund Burke

Let me start with the simple fact that you are a fool. For a man to actually question the motives and reasonableness of a course of action because of the source of the information not first hand is not only logically but shows that a person actually has some intelligence. The flip side of that is those that seem to without reservation, accept whatever one side of a marketing campaign says vs the other side without actual first hand knowledge is a tad bit foolish. In case you missed it, this whole circus has been fedco marketing vs bundy marketing.

I have absolutely no doubt that Fedco is definitely in the wrong as that seems to be where they always are. However I am not convinced that bundy is in the right, and we all know that two wrongs don't make a right. If bundy was the total victim that he is portraying himself to be, why hasn't every other rancher in the state, as well as all of those that have been driven from ranching come out on his side. Speaking of those that were driven out by BLM, was bundy at their ranches armed and ready to take on the fed with them or did he let them swing alone until his number came up.

Now perhaps bundy is a great guy and a cause worth risking life and liberty for but as best as I can tell he is just better at marketing than the average joe facing off against fedco. There have been many a more sympathetic figures out there that have been wronged far worse than bundy and yet they did not get the support that he did. Why? Because they didn't have the marketing savvy that team bundy did. So I too have been back and forth on this issue myself, in that it is good that people are pushing back against fedco and that it is bad as I am not sure that this is the hill to risk everything on.

In my life there are a couple of people that could come to me at 3 in the morning needing help burying bodies or that I could go to get help burying bodies no questions asked. And if we disagreed about the course of action about an event that we were following on the internet it would not even in the slightest affect our friendship nor respect of one another. I have other people in my life that I would gladly stand shoulder to shoulder with to face off with whatever heading that direction and yet these people would not judge me nor I them if we disagreed about and event which we were following on the internet. In fact I can't think of anyone in my life, that is of any consequence, that how our opinions differed about an event in which we were following on the internet would impact our opinions and respect for each other.

But maybe I am wrong to believe that personal relationships built up over years should not be trashed by a difference of opinion over an internet marketing event. But I can say, without a bit of hesitation, that if anyone in my life were to tell me that because my opinion was not matching their own for something that we were only following on the net, tv and radio, lowered their value and respect of my opinion and council in time of trouble I would make sure they understood that they shouldn't let the door hit them in the arse and that their shadow never need cross my land again.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodon View Post
    So you'd dump a long time friend just for telling the truth instead of running with the herd?
    And here I thought you were all about "freedom of speech"
    Not dumping a friend.

Though I couldn't blame anyone for seeing it as such.

Miradus and I have had some tough discussions, of late.

One of us is wrong, point blank.

I'm on a path. He is on a path.

Truth is blurry at times, and outright obscured by many factors, at others.

I fully expect, at some point in the future, when clarity is given either of us, the one recognizing his error, be that him or me.... will exercise the humility to admit his error and seek reconcile.

In the mean time, freedom of speech goes both ways.
    Our speech is indicative of our position.
    I hope that I am found, when all is said and done, if nothing else, to be not wavering, but consistent.

Damn me for that if you must.

Quote Originally Posted by Miradus View Post
    I can't believe you just said that. Damn you.
    Put me on the list too.

Pick a side.

This issue has brought many to awareness, cows or no cows.

Quote Originally Posted by rlm1966 View Post
    For a man to actually question the motives and reasonableness of a course of action because of the source of the information not first hand is not only logically but shows that a person actually has some intelligence. The flip side of that is those that seem to without reservation, accept whatever one side of a marketing campaign says vs the other side without actual first hand knowledge is a tad bit foolish. In case you missed it, this whole circus has been fedco marketing vs bundy marketing.