Page 32 of 58 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: same sex marriage thread

Quote Originally Posted by Forty9er View Post
    Homosexuality is proof that natural selection doesn't work.
    Interesting question, that has not been completely answered. See, for some of the possibilities --
    The evolutionary puzzle of homosexuality
    http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-26089486

And here is Prof Dawkins with his own take on the subject --
    Darwin Day 2015 Questions: #4 How does evolution explain homosexuality?
    https://richarddawkins.net/2015/03/d...homosexuality/

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post
    Asked if the church was ill-equipped to deal with these issues, he said: We tend to think of black and white but most of us live our lives in grey.”
    That is quite the understatement. The Catholic Church is the very definition of black and white, all or nothing, irrational intolerance.

How ironic this vote happens first in such a predominately religious nation. What does that say about Catholicism?

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Terry View Post
    That is quite the understatement. The Catholic Church is the very definition of black and white, all or nothing, irrational intolerance.

How ironic this vote happens first in such a predominately religious nation. What does that say about Catholicism?
    The Church is evolving -- just look at Pope Francis. I have confidence that the Church will do the right thing. Eventually.

Providing entitlements in law for sociologically and biologically extraneous interpersonal relationships at the cost of other citizen's God given rights is not and never will be the right thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seditious View Post
    Providing entitlements in law for sociologically and biologically extraneous interpersonal relationships at the cost of other citizen's God given rights is not and never will be the right thing.
    What is "the cost of other citizen's God given rights"?

What they do and who they do it with doesn't matter to me and they can explain it to their maker in due time. My problem comes into play when they try to shove it down my throat and force me to embrace their perversion. As an individual and as a business owner I should have the right to have absolutely nothing to do with them if I so choose to. And for those that claim to support them and claim to believe in capitalism I call BS. If anyone truly believes in capitalism then they would never try to force anyone to do business with anyone they didn't want to, and if there was truly a need for that type of business someone else that did approve and that thought they could make a profit would start a business catering to that clientele.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Terry View Post
    What is "the cost of other citizen's God given rights"?
    Freedom of worship, freedom of association and the freedom to exercise common sense.

Homosexuality from an evolutionary standpoint is not adaptive. Evolution requires a fertile breeding pair to pass on a trait. Homosexual behavior by definition, does not result in a fertile breeding pair and hence would be nothing more than a bad mutation that will be selected against.

The fact that there has been a persistent population of homosexuals (<2%) over the years shows this behavior is at worst, biological (not genetic) and at best, only a choice.

Default Japan!

Gay Rights Movement Gains Steam in Japan

TOKYO—To get a local council here to grant symbolic recognition to same-sex couples, the main pitch wasn’t about civil rights but about sharpening the ward’s cutting-edge image at home and abroad.

“We need to be on par with London, New York and San Francisco as a cultural center,” said Ken Hasebe, who pushed the issue for three years as an assembly member in Tokyo’s Shibuya district.

His success this spring in passing the ordinance—the first of its kind in Japan—illustrates how changes under way in the West are having ripple effects elsewhere, even in deeply conservative countries like Japan.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/gay-righ...an-1433364923?