Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy Shavuot!

Thanks Al (and all),
    Sorry a little late chiming in here.
    We had a wonderful Feast of Firstfruits.
    The morning of the Holy Day I realized it is just four months until the Feast of Tabernacles!
    Then I couldn't help but think of:

John 4:35
    Don’t say, There are yet four months, and then comes harvest? Behold, I say unto you, lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest.

I think we all look forward to that Firstfruit harvest pictured by this day.

Grace and Peace to you.

John 14
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
    21 He that has my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

Ecclesiastes 12
    13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

I kept it also, along with the other Feasts, but am not going to be posting much about my beliefs here, as they are considered "out of the mainstream"....

Quote Originally Posted by nightflighter View Post
    I kept it also, along with the other Feasts, but am not going to be posting much about my beliefs here, as they are considered "out of the mainstream"....
    Keeping the feasts are 'out of the mainstream'. I hope I didn't discourage you when I asked for you to start a thread about why you think Paul was a 'ravenous wolf'. I'd like to partake of the discussion, actually. I've witnessed a lot of folks with the same thoughts.

At any rate, Paul is not the Messiah and he has no part in your salvation...but I do believe he brought a lot of clarity---as well as MUCH confusion---over his words.

Shalom and change that to !

There's a lot of discussion that can be had regarding Paul and what he had to say. Aside from the mainstream Christian approach to Paul, those who see that Torah is vibrant and alive often see Paul as a fly in the ointment. But, if seen rightly, he is not at all.

Like Al stated, no one in scripture ever said that believing in Paul was a prerequisite for anything. Look at Timothy for example...he received the entire gospel message in his boyhood from Tenach.

One needs also to look at the entirety of what Paul had to say in order to see his character accurately.
    But what weapons can you use to dispossess someone who will not accept anything except Holy Scripture interpreted according to his own rules?...Where Lutheranism reigns, learning dies. They seek only two things: good pay and a wife. The gospel offers them the rest — that is, the power of living as they please.

I understand now how Arius and Tertullian and Wickliff were driven into schism by malicious clergy and wicked monks.

(Erasmus regarding Luther and the church, 1527, 1529)

I have read where Jews would pretear toilet paper and stack it so they
    wouldn't break Sabbath Laws. I always thought they would never be ablr to get out of bed and get dressed if that is what they considered work
    Sin is not just breaking God’s laws; it is breaking His heart."
    --Pastor Adrian Rogers, Founder of Love Worth Finding ministry

Quote Originally Posted by Remnant777 View Post
    I have read where Jews would pretear toilet paper and stack it so they
    wouldn't break Sabbath Laws. I always thought they would never be ablr to get out of bed and get dressed if that is what they considered work
    Yep, all the traditions/added laws they imposed upon sabbath must have been a very weary ordeal.

The big deal is simply cease from work...and rest...I CAN certainly do that...quite good at it, actually!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Keeping the feasts are 'out of the mainstream'. I hope I didn't discourage you when I asked for you to start a thread about why you think Paul was a 'ravenous wolf'. I'd like to partake of the discussion, actually. I've witnessed a lot of folks with the same thoughts.

At any rate, Paul is not the Messiah and he has no part in your salvation...but I do believe he brought a lot of clarity---as well as MUCH confusion---over his words.

Shalom and change that to !
    I'd LIKE to respond to you, BUT....And all that, Al.