Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 'The Good News About Nuclear Destruction' Billboard in SLC, Utah...

Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    There's actually lots of good news about nuclear destruction...

no more NSA data collection since no more cell phones/internet
    no more Income Taxes since no more IRS computer systems
    no more entitlements
    no more gun control legislation
    ... for that matter, no more District of Columbia
    There will be localized gun control....

Small time Dictators will arise, in some regions.....

I clearly remember the first time I found and read "The Good News About Nuclear Destruction". It helped me excise the Boogey Man from my assumptions about Nuclear fallout. It was the first time I had found information that encouraged me to simply prep for it as yet another threat.

I think getting the info out there is a really, really good thing.

Thanks, Shane.
    In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.
    Proverbs 21:20

Quote Originally Posted by azaziah View Post
    I clearly remember the first time I found and read "The Good News About Nuclear Destruction". It helped me excise the Boogey Man from my assumptions about Nuclear fallout. It was the first time I had found information that encouraged me to simply prep for it as yet another threat.

I think getting the info out there is a really, really good thing.

Thanks, Shane.
    Glad to hear that, exactly why it was written, it's been well received since
    first version published in 2006 at WND, though greatly refined since. When
    I do a google search of it it using the quote marks; "The Good News About
    Nuclear Destruction" it comes up with 93,000 hits.

BTW, I see your sig line link for MK2, had just got in and took mine on six
    day sailing trip into Gulf of Mexico, great piece of kit! Used 12vdc cig USB
    plug-in to good effect for charging iPad & iPhone, both used in essential
    navigation, sat phone emails and less essential photos. Also, used both 120
    vac for essential charging of sat phone and its wi-fi unit. All can be seen in
    attached photo. Bill also provided extension cord for my Brunton PV panel,
    which charged up unit quick & easy. It's a keeper, highly recommended!

- Shane

MK2.jpg

THE GOOD NEWS ABOUT NUCLEAR DESTRUCTION!

WHAT TO DO IF A NUCLEAR DISASTER IS IMMINENT!
    When An ill Wind Blows From Afar!
    (Overseas Fallout)

"A prudent man foresees the difficulties ahead and prepares for them;

the simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences." - Proverbs 22:3

Shane, This is Bill! Nice to meet you here on the tree!

I hope the billboard generates the buzz you are looking for. I really do think that if more people read the e-book, there would be less unfounded panic and more deliberate mitigation. By individuals, not 'governments', which is crucial.

Glad the MK2 is doing its job for you!
    In the house of the wise are stores of choice food and oil, but a foolish man devours all he has.
    Proverbs 21:20

Quote Originally Posted by azaziah View Post
    Shane, This is Bill! Nice to meet you here on the tree!

I hope the billboard generates the buzz you are looking for. I really do think that if more people read the e-book, there would be less unfounded panic and more deliberate mitigation. By individuals, not 'governments', which is crucial.

Glad the MK2 is doing its job for you!
    Small world to meet you here, too, Bill!
    Thanks again for rush job accommodating our MK2 deadline needs!
    Won't leave home without it now!

- Shane

(Overseas Fallout)

"Our guide, Ernie Williams, was a spry 70 something. He has been associated with nuclear weapons for the past 52 years, first as an Army enlistee and then as a Dept. of Defense employee and now a volunteer guide. He has personally witnessed some 73 nuclear detonations, both above and below ground. His personal insight and experiences made the tour both educational and enjoyable. "Other than some deafness," he explained, "I haven't been sick a day in my life!" That this state of health is due to his many exposures to detonations, he sincerely believes. "It was a dangerous time (1950's), with the world situation. We didn't know what it (detonations) would do," explained Williams. A low point in his life was September 30, 1992 when the moratorium on underground testing was signed by George Bush, but Williams proudly stated that the test site could be up and running within six months should the moratorium be lifted. Williams truly loved his various jobs working with nuclear explosions and it showed as the tour went on. While explaining the significance of different detonations, he'd toss in some first hand experience. One was his first detonation. He and another soldier were some 2000 feet from Ground Zero, radiological instruments by their side. In hindsight, what he really wished he had was a thermometer! He could only guess at the temperature of the blast as it overtook his position - Today, he guesses it must have been 140-150 degrees as the blast swept past. Hot enough for him to turn his back on the fireball while covering his head and face with his arms."

http://www.cmdrmark.com/20031.html

I met Ernie while in Mercury Nevada for a week long training exercise a couple of years back. No one, alive today, has been exposed to more nuclear/atomic detonations than this man.

Of the three NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) threats... I'd rather deal with a radiological threat any day, than the other two choices.

Quote Originally Posted by EMICT View Post
    "Our guide, Ernie Williams, was a spry 70 something. He has been associated with nuclear weapons for the past 52 years, first as an Army enlistee and then as a Dept. of Defense employee and now a volunteer guide. He has personally witnessed some 73 nuclear detonations, both above and below ground. His personal insight and experiences made the tour both educational and enjoyable. "Other than some deafness," he explained, "I haven't been sick a day in my life!" That this state of health is due to his many exposures to detonations, he sincerely believes. "It was a dangerous time (1950's), with the world situation. We didn't know what it (detonations) would do," explained Williams. A low point in his life was September 30, 1992 when the moratorium on underground testing was signed by George Bush, but Williams proudly stated that the test site could be up and running within six months should the moratorium be lifted. Williams truly loved his various jobs working with nuclear explosions and it showed as the tour went on. While explaining the significance of different detonations, he'd toss in some first hand experience. One was his first detonation. He and another soldier were some 2000 feet from Ground Zero, radiological instruments by their side. In hindsight, what he really wished he had was a thermometer! He could only guess at the temperature of the blast as it overtook his position - Today, he guesses it must have been 140-150 degrees as the blast swept past. Hot enough for him to turn his back on the fireball while covering his head and face with his arms."

http://www.cmdrmark.com/20031.html

I met Ernie while in Mercury Nevada for a week long training exercise a couple of years back. No one, alive today, has been exposed to more nuclear/atomic detonations than this man.

Of the three NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) threats... I'd rather deal with a radiological threat any day, than the other two choices.
    I'm with you, as long as you're not at ground zero and already a toasty critter, odds are you can survive it, if you know what to do.

Got a friend, like Ernie there with the stories, that's stayed here a couple times, Dr, Allen Brodsky, physicist for first two h-bombs in
    Pacific. Was first on the ground, closest to GZ, dashing off helicopters to quickly recover his instruments with readings of 30,000mR/hr
    on the ground. Belt level film badges and instrument calculations later determined his mid body accumulated dose had been about 2.5R
    and his lower legs about 30R. That was almost 60 years ago, he's still very active, in his late 80's today.

He makes a compelling case that first-responders will be held back too far & for too long, not allowed to quickly evacuate victims, with
    current way too low maximum exposures allowed. For life-saving duties, a healthy adult can readily handle up to 100R total dose, IMO.

- Shane

(Overseas Fallout)

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post

He makes a compelling case that first-responders will be held back too far & for too long, not allowed to quickly evacuate victims, with
    current way too low maximum exposures allowed. For life-saving duties, a healthy adult can readily handle up to 100R total dose, IMO.

- Shane
    We had that very discussion during the exercise. It's all a matter of "rotation" and "age". Rotating the first responders in and out with detailed monitoring of total dose received and allowing the "older folks" more time down range was considered to be the best option for evacuation of the injured.

Naturally, I was volunteered to spend extended time in the simulated "hot zone" since I was in my mid 50's at the time and the oldest one in the class.

Got better photo of 'Good News' billboard today...

Press Release unleashed today, too...
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...267499621.html

- Shane
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Overseas Fallout)

Good work, Shane - we get the group's newsletter, and IMHO everyone who is a member here should be getting it as well.
    Lost colonist

"Liberty is what we stand for. Liberty is what we champion. Liberty will prevail." - Jeff Cooper, "Cooper's Commentaries," Vol. 12 #1, January 2004 - http://www.molonlabe.net/Commentaries/jeff12.pdf

LISTEN! Jordan Page - "Liberty" (Acoustic version) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bitxwy6okn4