Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: "gmo omg"

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
    I don't know about cancer but I would rather eat Star Trek food when traveling the galaxy...I'm funny that way...

I loved Space Food Sticks as a boy, couldn't get enough of 'em. As a result, I lost all of my hair before I was 8 years old. Fortunately, all of the gmo food that I have eaten makes my bald head glow, so I look as cool as I would have if I still had my hair.
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    WOW, that's unbelievable that they get away with what they do.

What happened to PYRO ? Love to hear him attempt to refute ANYTHING in that video.
    Yeah that's quite a film, blew me away. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_DbVdVo-k

Can you say ABOVE THE LAW?
    "We have to rebuild in a way that you will not be victimized by a similar storm again, because we don't - we're just wasting money, and we're essentially engaging in false advertising that what we're doing is restoring you to your situation that existed before the storm.”

Joe Biden

Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    What happened to PYRO ?
    I was wondering the same thing...

These are all from separate posts, believe it or not, in this one thread, Pyro begging for recent, credible studies.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrodon View Post
    I'm still waiting to see some credible studies showing harmful effects
    Until then it's all just paranoia
    But feel free to prove me incorrect by showing actual credible studies proving harmful effects from GMO crops
    Now you're just parroting the talking points once more
    LOL
    Like I said, no CREDIBLE studies show harmful effects
    So rather than add something factual to the discussion, you want to turn it into a thinly veiled personal attack?
    Why don't you post links to what it is specifically you're talking about rather than just vague generalities with no real information?
    It's been decades since the first GMO's hit the markets, and people have been trying to prove they are harmful the entire time, yet when asked to show their proof, all they offer is "rats"
    Another rhetoric filled opinion piece, with no scientific evidence offered at all
    It's funny (and yet sad) how half the anti gmo posts all have the same rat pictures, and the other half are just personal attacks against me with no real information at all, but I get called the troll
    Once again, I'm sorry about your dog, but it is in NO WAY a "GMO study"
    LOL
    Please stick to the real topic instead of trying to make it about me...
    Nothing you've linked to is anything more than the same tired rhetoric
    LOL
    This thread is about GMO's
    It's not about me, no matter how much some try to make it that way
    LOL
    And still no credible evidence GMO's are harmful
    If you had any, you'd show it
    rather than try to divert the conversationss
    You prove my point that many here aren't interested in any facts...
    Now back to the real topic:
    I asked for evidence that GMO's are harmful, and all I got was repeated pictures of deformed rats from a study that didn't prove anything at all
    And yet no one shows anything but Rats
    And you're STILL talking about them instead of just showing them
    Don't blame me for YOU not showing anything but rats
    More lame insults, still no proof
    Your offer is all talk it seems, since nothing has prevented you from simply posting facts instead of childish insults

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB View Post
    Pyrodon, I don't expect that you will actually read this, because you have proven over and over that you have no interest in the truth. If you choose to make an exception, I would be very interested in your response to this paper, which addresses the Seralini rat issue specifically. Should you choose to read this, and respond constructively, I will also post fairly recent peer reviewed studies, one at a time, covering the glyphosate/gmo connection in a very unflattering light, for your consideration.

Big opportunity here for you to prove wrong all who see you as a troll. All that is required is for you to actually read through this, and the papers to come (which you have asked for, time and time again), and then to post something in response that doesn't start with LOL. Personally I don't believe you have the stones to engage in an honest and fair debate...

This test, which has also been vilified, has, is, or contains absolutely everything that the naysayers demand - peer reviewed, double blind, large number of animals tested, analysts blinded, test conducted in a farm setting rather than a lab. Pigs were used, because their digestion systems are quite similar to humans, and the feed was rotated as it is in pigs that end up on your table. No more care could possibly have been taken to ensure credibility.

A big thank you to my wife (T.D. here on the forum), who did the bulk of the work here.

An overview: http://gmojudycarman.org/new-study-s...ed-by-gm-feed/

A reader friendly summary: http://gmojudycarman.org/wp-content/...te-11Jun13.pdf

The full paper: http://gmojudycarman.org/wp-content/...Full-Paper.pdf

Another peer reviewed study, short excerpt below:

Link to full paper: http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/2014/179691/
    Peer reviewed, this full paper must be purchased, at link: http://ijt.sagepub.com/content/early...813517906.full
    Crickets.

Pyrodon, other than your observation that one of these had been discussed before (which doesn't lessen it's validity or credibility in any way), you have not offered a constructive comment on a single one of these studies, other than your cut and copy of Mark Lynas' opinion, which means nothing, and who was discredited and replied to in post #143.

For the record, if memory serves, each of these studies was published in 2014, save one, which was published in 2013. Just exactly what you asked for, to get us past that "tired rhetoric" that irritates you so. I've got quite a few more of these, let me know when to stop.

I'm guessing that either you are still reading, or maybe the cat's got your tongue?

Joe Biden

In post #102, I listed several documentary films having to do with this subject, which I highly recommend.

Among them was "The World According to Monsanto", which to date may be the definitive work on the subject of Monsanto, it's history, Roundup, Glyphosate, herbicides in general, and gmo's. This film can be watched at no cost on youtube, link below. If you have never seen this, it's a "must see" in my opinion, which I don't often say, and is so well done that I have marveled at times as to how it all came together. Ph.D after Ph.D have been interviewed, renowned scientists, lawyers, farmers, victims, and a number of former highly placed heads of agencies and politicians incriminating themselves on film with their own words, plus a treasure trove of confidential Monsanto documents that showed up unexpectedly on the doorstep of a highly credentialed whistleblower. This film is fascinating.

Monsanto is nothing more than a criminal organization, with the money and power to buy off, threaten and/or sue into oblivion anyone and everyone in their path, which has been their standard operating procedure for decades. Their history is beyond ugly, and goes back much farther than the gmo issue. Their products have always been toxic, regardless of the particular market, and countless people have died in their wake.

I watched this again last night, because of my participation on this thread, and the impact and shock value was just like the first time I saw it.

Watch as though you were on a jury, deciding the fate of Monsanto for their crimes against humanity.

"The World According to Monsanto" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_DbVdVo-k

Mark, thanks for the link to the video. I just finished watching it, and found it fascinating, especially the interviews with farmers from the USA, India, Mexico and Paraguay. Monsanto's methods seem genocidal rather than commercial. One of the first things they did was to remove regulations blocking their rapid marketing of their new chemical products. That was very interesting, and reminded me of how the financial companies did the same thing to allow them into new markets that had been blocked to them by the Glass-Steagall Act. That seems to be the model used in all areas today to force evil outcomes on people around the world.

As you said, Monsanto certainly is criminal. They really are children of Satan. Thanks again for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Mark, thanks for the link to the video. I just finished watching it, and found it fascinating, especially the interviews with farmers from the USA, India, Mexico and Paraguay. Monsanto's methods seem genocidal rather than commercial. One of the first things they did was to remove regulations blocking their rapid marketing of their new chemical products. That was very interesting, and reminded me of how the financial companies did the same thing to allow them into new markets that had been blocked to them by the Glass-Steagall Act. That seems to be the model used in all areas today to force evil outcomes on people around the world.

As you said, Monsanto certainly is criminal. They really are children of Satan. Thanks again for the link.
    You're welcome James, and since you mentioned India, this would be a good time to talk about the farmer suicides there, and the devastating impact that Monsanto has had on these poor farmers. I'll probably break this into two posts, so this doesn't go too long. As with every well covered topic having to do with gmo's, Monsanto has it's stoolies, shills and yes men in the press, government agencies, and on the internet, with countless misleading articles and "studies" based in lies, bad science, and well, more lies. The farmer suicides are no exception, there's a lot of disinformation out there.

Again we need to ask ourselves what possible gain there could be for a whistleblower on any of the many gmo fronts in the battle today? There is no percentage for personal gain in going up against a corporation or any government in cahoots with that corporation when both have the power to destroy the source of any opposition, which they have done to countless farmers, scientists, and entire communities (think Anniston, Alabama).

Concerning the farmer suicides in India, probably the best known and most highly credentialed whistleblower is Dr. Vandana Shiva, Ph.D, winner of the Right Livelihood Award, also known as the Alternative Nobel Prize.

Dr. Shiva has written a book called "Seeds of Suicide: The Ecological and Human Costs of the Globilazation of Agriculture", and is featured in "The World According to Monsanto", the India segment beginning at about the 1:14 mark. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6_DbVdVo-k

I choose to listen to people with credentials like Vandana Shiva and those who have been victimized by Monsanto rather than the yes men both because I am sane, and because I have a good degree of discernment. This is a no brainer.

A few quotes from Vandana, below:

Seed Monopolies, GMOs And Farmers Suicides In India

By Dr Vandana Shiva

10 January, 2014

Navdanya.org

Response by Dr Vandana Shiva to an article published on 1st May 2013 in Nature by Natasha Gilbert titled “Case studies: A hard look at GM crops”

The article by Natasha Gilbert begins a section entitled GM cotton has driven farmers to suicide by quoting me:

“During an interview in March, Vandana Shiva, an environmental and feminist activist from India, repeated an alarming statistic: ‘270,000 Indian farmers have committed suicide since Monsanto entered the Indian seed market,’ she said. ‘It’s genocide.’”

"Yes, I am an ecologist and feminist. But I am also a scientist – a fact that Natasha intentionally avoids mentioning. As a Quantum Physicist, I have been trained to look at the interconnectedness and non-separability of processes, which in a mechanistic and reductionist paradigm, are seen as separate and unrelated.

As a scientist, I have tried to understand what is driving our small farmers to suicide. Two things are evident. One, the suicides begin with the period of globalization which allowed MNC’s entry into India’s Seed Sector, making seeds a non-renewable ‘input’, to be bought every year.

Secondly, the suicides have further intensified after the introduction of GMO Bt cotton. GMOs are intrinsically linked to Intellectual Property Rights, which in turn are linked to royalty payments. Royalties are extracted from poor farmers through credit and debt. The Monsanto representative, who appeared before India’s Parliamentary Committee on Agriculture, admitted that Monsanto was collecting Rs 700 as royalty for a 450 gm packet of seed costing Rs 1600. The shift to Bt cotton meant a jump of 8000% in the cost of seed. This is at the root of the farmers’ distress in the cotton areas of India.

As a human being, it concerns me deeply that 284,694 small farmers of India, the most resilient and courageous people I have known, have in recent times been driven to the desperation of taking their lives because of a debt trap created by a corporate driven economy of greed that profits from selling them costly chemicals and non-renewable seeds. And we must not forget that the agrochemical industry is the biotechnology industry is the global seed industry.

I look at GMOs as a system of corporate control over seed, a system of Intellectual Property, a system of ecological impacts on soil and biodiversity, a system of health impacts on humans and animals, a system of socio-economic impacts on the livelihoods and survival of farmers."

More at link: http://www.countercurrents.org/shiva100114.htm

Joe Biden

A bit more from Vandana Shiva about the situation in India, and specifically the suicide numbers, to go with the post above. She also alludes to control of the world's population, through control of seeds.

"There's nothing they (Monsanto) are leaving untouched: the mustard, the okra, the bringe oil, the rice, the cauliflower. Once they have established the norm: that seed can be owned as their property, royalties can be collected. We will depend on them for every seed we grow of every crop we grow. If they control seed, they control food, they know it -- it's strategic. It's more powerful than bombs. It's more powerful than guns. This is the best way to control the populations of the world."

"The figures of farmers’ suicides are not mine. They come from government statistics of the National Bureau of crime records. The latest figure updated up to 2012 is 284,694. Any human being anywhere should be outraged at this tragedy. And any scientist working for social and ecological responsibility should want to go to the roots of the crisis, not try and cover it up with unscientific analysis and false claims."

More at link: http://www.countercurrents.org/shiva100114.htm

Joe Biden

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Peer reviewed: http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416

For those who have never read a full text from one of these reports, I would encourage you to choose a couple and do so. Quite an education, with an eye to the naysayers' claims of there being no harmful effects in the food itself. This is like toxic chemistry 101.

Published 18 April 2013:
    Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases, Enhances Damaging Effects of Environmental Toxins

Abstract:
    Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup®, is the most popular herbicide used worldwide. The industry asserts it is minimally toxic to humans, but here we argue otherwise. Residues are found in the main foods of the Western diet, comprised primarily of sugar, corn, soy and wheat. Glyphosate’s inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes is an overlooked component of its toxicity to mammals. CYP enzymes play crucial roles in biology, one of which is to detoxify xenobiotics. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins.

Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body.
    Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the “textbook example” of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins.

Anthony Samsel
    and Stephanie Seneff

Independent Scientist and Consultant, Deerfield, NH 03037, USA
    Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
    Received: 15 January 2013; in revised form: 10 April 2013 / Accepted: 10 April 2013 / Published: 18 April 2013

Full paper at link: http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416

Joe Biden

Peer reviewed: http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416

For those who have never read a full text from one of these reports, I would encourage you to choose a couple and do so. Quite an education, with an eye to the naysayers' claims of there being no harmful effects in the food itself. This is like toxic chemistry 101.

Published 18 April 2013:
    Glyphosate’s Suppression of Cytochrome P450 Enzymes and Amino Acid Biosynthesis by the Gut Microbiome: Pathways to Modern Diseases, Enhances Damaging Effects of Environmental Toxins

Abstract:
    Glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup®, is the most popular herbicide used worldwide. The industry asserts it is minimally toxic to humans, but here we argue otherwise. Residues are found in the main foods of the Western diet, comprised primarily of sugar, corn, soy and wheat. Glyphosate’s inhibition of cytochrome P450 (CYP) enzymes is an overlooked component of its toxicity to mammals. CYP enzymes play crucial roles in biology, one of which is to detoxify xenobiotics. Thus, glyphosate enhances the damaging effects of other food borne chemical residues and environmental toxins.

Negative impact on the body is insidious and manifests slowly over time as inflammation damages cellular systems throughout the body.
    Here, we show how interference with CYP enzymes acts synergistically with disruption of the biosynthesis of aromatic amino acids by gut bacteria, as well as impairment in serum sulfate transport. Consequences are most of the diseases and conditions associated with a Western diet, which include gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, diabetes, heart disease, depression, autism, infertility, cancer and Alzheimer’s disease. We explain the documented effects of glyphosate and its ability to induce disease, and we show that glyphosate is the “textbook example” of exogenous semiotic entropy: the disruption of homeostasis by environmental toxins.

Anthony Samsel
    and Stephanie Seneff

Independent Scientist and Consultant, Deerfield, NH 03037, USA
    Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory, MIT, Cambridge, MA 02139, USA
    Received: 15 January 2013; in revised form: 10 April 2013 / Accepted: 10 April 2013 / Published: 18 April 2013

Full paper at link: http://www.mdpi.com/1099-4300/15/4/1416
    Mark, thank you for your last three informational posts. Like the movie, they are eye-opening posts. My response is to see a tremendous arrogance in Monsanto's attitude, and a satanic arrogance at that. They seek to inflict a whole range of damages to people, and then to compound it. My own personal solution, beyond trying to eat healthy food and take supplements that offset the effect of unhealthy food, is to try to cling to Jesus and rely on Jesus to put a stop to Monsanto and corporations like it. The Bible says that Jesus alone is able to stop this kind of evil. Thank you again, Mark. You're doing a blessed work here, in my view.

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Great posts, Mark! Some serious "food for thought" there. Money and profits always seem to be at the heart of what companies like Monsanto are doing. As the Bible says, "Money is the root of all kinds of evil."
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20