Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: World War III Warning Thread - Week of 7/28/14 - 8/3/14

This is going to be bad:

PzFeed Top News ‏@PzFeed 37s
    UPDATE: Death toll from mortar strike in Eshkol, Israel rises to 6 with 10 injured - YNet. Unclear if civilians or soldiers.

Daniel Nisman@DannyNis · 48s
    6 killed, at least 4 injured in deadliest rocket attack on Israel thus far during the #Gaza conflict. Difficult to see ceasefire survive

via @maxseddon:

Rebels only admitting Russian media to Strelkov presser.

Strelkov says Ukrainian army used "an unexpected amount of artillery today, even for me." pic.twitter.com/lRAkOsJk7n

Strelkov says Ukraine hired mercenaries to fire heavy artillery near #MH17 site. Claims heavy civilian losses.

Strelkov: "I did not have any BUK systems under my control. I could not have given the order to shoot the plane." #MH17

Strelkov asked about rumors psychotic commander Igor Bezler has fled Horlivka. Refuses to comment.

What support is Strelkov getting from Russia? "Mostly moral." pic.twitter.com/XthdiGGP3y

Weirdest moment of six-minute Strelkov presser was when he claimed rebels had killed mercenaries "of the negroid race." But it was all weird
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

@IsraelHatzolah: Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to make a statement from the Defense Ministry compound in Tel Aviv at 8 P.M.

PzFeed Top News ‏@PzFeed 37s
    UPDATE: Death toll from mortar strike in Eshkol, Israel rises to 6 with 10 injured - YNet. Unclear if civilians or soldiers.

Daniel Nisman@DannyNis · 48s
    6 killed, at least 4 injured in deadliest rocket attack on Israel thus far during the #Gaza conflict. Difficult to see ceasefire survive
    It's an entirely different matter when your own innocent people are being killed in war instead of just theirs. Changes the dynamic considerably.

RT @maxseddon: Portrait outside Strelkov's office. http://t.co/k8SytDHVPd

Leonid Brezhnev, in case you didn't recognize it...
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius Romulous View Post
    It's an entirely different matter when your own innocent people are being killed in war instead of just theirs. Changes the dynamic considerably.

I have to agree. And I wonder if Bibi's presser coming up in a couple hours is going to elaborate on that change in dynamic.

With Israeli poll #s so heavily favoring continued IDF ops, I don't see how Bibi can shut things down now - not unless he wants to be dragged out of office by an Israeli lynch mob.

Daniel Nisman@DannyNis · 1m
    Deadly mortar attack will revert Israeli focus back to rocket threat, denying Netanyahu the exit strategy provided by tunnels-only ground op

Quote Originally Posted by jhpigott View Post
    Confusing indeed. Feels like we are at a fork in the road, where things are either going to settle down or really take off. .
    I feel like that applies to a lot of locations right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Thomason View Post
    I feel like that applies to a lot of locations right now...

Yep. I have't been following it anywhere near as closely as I was - but does it look like to you regular Russian forces may begin mixing it up in Ukraine (even beyond the artillery shelling)?

Quote Originally Posted by jhpigott View Post
    Yep. I have't been following it anywhere near as closely as I was - but does it look like to you regular Russian forces may begin mixing it up in Ukraine (even beyond the artillery shelling)?
    I thought they were on the verge of doing just that last week...
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths. -- Proverbs 3:5-6

If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My Father will honor. -- John 12:26