Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Exclusive: Leader of Scout Troop Confronted by Armed Border Patrol Speaks Out

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    Given the number of crazy, panic-fueled shootings from LEO's lately, it could have gotten the scout killed, as the gun was already pointed at him. The scout leader would have a responsibility to protect the scout first, not risk his injury in a civics lesson. If it had been the gun pointed at the scout leader, well, that would be a different story.
    he could have gone after him AFTER the weapon was holstered. get a supervisor, heck call the local news, call another cop and ask for the JBT to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    he could have gone after him AFTER the weapon was holstered. get a supervisor, heck call the local news, call another cop and ask for the JBT to be charged with assault with a deadly weapon.
    Perhaps, but given the hysterical atmosphere, the kids were likely at still at risk with that. I understand what you are saying, but I still find it encouraging that they didn't just get around the immediate problem, then otherwise blow it off. The leadership got the kids to a safer situation, then circled back around to start attacking the problem.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Perhaps, but given the hysterical atmosphere, the kids were likely at still at risk with that. I understand what you are saying, but I still find it encouraging that they didn't just get around the immediate problem, then otherwise blow it off. The leadership got the kids to a safer situation, then circled back around to start attacking the problem.
    Perhaps. What does that say about us when we need to get our children to a safer place away from Govt. thugs?
    “I would remind you that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And let me remind you also that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.” Barry Goldwater.

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Petedtom View Post
    Perhaps. What does that say about us when we need to get our children to a safer place away from Govt. thugs?
    It is a pathetic commentary...
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times

breezy is offline Tree of Liberty Benefactor

Given the number of crazy, panic-fueled shootings from LEO's lately, it could have gotten the scout killed, as the gun was already pointed at him. The scout leader would have a responsibility to protect the scout first, not risk his injury in a civics lesson. If it had been the gun pointed at the scout leader, well, that would be a different story.
    That would have been quite the civics lesson........Maybe we need one Searcher.......

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    That would have been quite the civics lesson........Maybe we need one Searcher.......
    A dead Eagle scout? I don't think we have the right to "need" that. I'm not ready yet to rely on such an outrage to turn the tide.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not AT ALL suggesting that you want that, though I do understand why you consider the possibility or utility of such a tragedy.

Outbound

The Frigid Times

A dead Eagle scout? I don't think we have the right to "need" that. I'm not ready yet to rely on such an outrage to turn the tide.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not AT ALL suggesting that you want that, though I do understand why you consider the possibility or utility of such a tragedy.
    I know brother but, we are heading fast to that point.....

Quote Originally Posted by breezy View Post
    I know brother but, we are heading fast to that point.....
    Too much happening today, just got biggest dang chill wash over me when I read that.

Outbound

The Frigid Times

Too much happening today, just got biggest dang chill wash over me when I read that.
    I hate the chills too