Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ebola News Digest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Reported deaths Friday were 729. Today it's 887. 21% increase. That is not so comforting.
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

WHO has asked for his body to be returned? Sawyer's wife? Too late- they cremated him.

Summerthyme

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    Reported deaths Friday were 729. Today it's 887. 21% increase. That is not so comforting.
    That means we'd have more than 200,000 cases in 30 days, and that's only if it's a linear growth. If it's exponential, oof.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times
    http://www.frigidtimes.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    That means we'd have more than 200,000 cases in 30 days, and that's only if it's a linear growth. If it's exponential, oof.

Well, that would be just craptastic, huh?
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

Quote Originally Posted by Silverheart View Post
    well, it is STILL only around 50% mortality if that helps any..in fact i think it dipped towards 50% from 56%..
    World Health Organization says Ebola death toll rises to 887, out of 1,603 cases - @Reuters
    nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    well, it is STILL only around 50% mortality if that helps any..in fact i think it dipped towards 50% from 56%..
    World Health Organization says Ebola death toll rises to 887, out of 1,603 cases - @Reuters
    The still-high death rate multiplied by the highly-contagious nature of the virus still returns a high number of deaths, and a great deal of suffering for many.
    "See, in the last few years...we've stumbled... And when you stumble a lot, you...you start looking at your feet. We have to make people...lift their eyes back to the horizon and see the line of ancestors behind us saying, 'Make my life have meaning.' And to our inheritors before us saying, 'Create the world we will live in.' I mean, we're not just holding jobs and having dinner. We are in the process of building the future."

Outbound

The Frigid Times

Quote Originally Posted by TheSearcher View Post
    The still-high death rate multiplied by the highly-contagious nature of the virus still returns a high number of deaths, and a great deal of suffering for many.
    meh,,super MRSA has a 50% mortality rate and kills an estimated 10,000 a year in this country..and its EVERYWHERE now.. i am no more worried about ebola than i am super MRSA. and thats not much.

but is an interesting news story to follow..
    nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by dilligaf View Post
    meh,,super MRSA has a 50% mortality rate and kills an estimated 10,000 a year in this country..and its EVERYWHERE now.. i am no more worried about ebola than i am super MRSA. and thats not much.

but is an interesting news story to follow..
    I sincerely hope your "meh" turns out to be the case.

Outbound

The Frigid Times

Samaritan's Purse ‏@SamaritansPurse 5h
    Good news from Amber Brantly, wife of Dr. Kent Brantly: http://bit.ly/1AS7x6v

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Godwit View Post

Samaritan's Purse ‏@SamaritansPurse 5h
    Good news from Amber Brantly, wife of Dr. Kent Brantly: http://bit.ly/1AS7x6v
    I'm glad he's doing better.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20