Page 238 of 238 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238
Results 2,371 to 2,376 of 2376

Thread: The Ebola News Digest

Dr. Tom Frieden ‏@DrFriedenCDC 2h2 hours ago
    Excellent piece from @aetiology via @Slate on how the worst #Ebola predictions didn’t come true:
    http://ow.ly/T8P2j

Sierra Leone is officially Ebola-free
    By Associated Press
    November 7, 2015
    FREETOWN, Sierra Leone — The World Health Organization declared Sierra Leone free from Ebola transmissions on Saturday, as West Africa battles to stamp out the deadly virus that is holding on in neighboring Guinea.
    Remember the Prepper's Motto: "Panic early and avoid the rush!"
    Everything I post is Fiction and shouldn't be taken seriously by anyone.
    88 = Heil Hitler

http://www.breitbart.com/national-se...in-two-months/
    Liberia Records First Ebola Case in Two Months
    by Reuters 20 Nov 2015

(Reuters) A new case of Ebola has been found in Liberia, a country declared free of the disease on Sept. 3, a senior United Nations official said on Friday.
    The patient is a 10-year-old boy who lived in the Paynesville, a suburb east of the capital Monrovia, said the official, who declined to be named.

The case represents a setback for Liberia, which has seen more than 10,600 cases and 4,808 Ebola deaths since it was first announced in March, 2014, according to U.N. World Health Organization figures.

The virus has killed about 11,300 people in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia, but Sierra Leone was declared free of the virus on Nov. 7 and Guinea has begun its countdown to the end of the virus.
    88 = Heil Hitler

Note the time-lapse since my last post...153 people being monitored in 2 days after confirmation:
    Medical officials in Liberia monitor 153 people after Ebola re-emerges
    Gregg Zoroya, USA TODAY 1:03 p.m. EST
    November 22, 2015
    Liberia has placed 153 people under surveillance for Ebola after three new cases emerged in the West African nation this past week, months after it had twice before been declared free of the disease.

World Health Organizations (WHO) investigators were working to unlock the mystery of how a new cluster of cases emerged in Monrovia because there was no evidence yet of the usual factors, such as contact with a person suffering from Ebola, handling remains of an Ebola victim or traveling to a region where the virus is prevalent, said Margaret Harris, a spokeswoman for WHO.
    88 = Heil Hitler

this got buried due to Paris I guess
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Ebola nurse Pauline Cafferkey is airlifted to London isolation unit by RAF Hercules after suffering complication and being admitted to hospital for THIRD time British nurse Pauline Cafferkey has been transported by an RAF Hercules to London having been admitted to hospital for a third time since contracting Ebola. Ms Cafferkey, 39, was rushed to Glasgow's Queen Elizabeth University Hospital due to a late complication from her previous infection. The health worker has been taken from there to the Royal Free Hospital in London. The hospital has the UK's only high-level isolation unit used for treating infectious diseases and it will her third time there. The Scottish nurse was originally infected while working in Save the Children's treatment facility in Kerry Town, Sierra Leone in December 2014. Bodily tissues can harbour the Ebola infection months after the person appears to have fully recovered
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."