Thread: The Ebola News Digest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

also from cnn: about Dr. Brantly in Atlanta: Ebola patient walks into Atlanta hospital; wife sees him through glass.

So, the wife who was with him TWO days before he "collapsed" is moving around atlanta? Nice....
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

You want to see mass panic and economic collapse on these shores? Just let this virus get abroad in a city like New York or Atlanta, and the "experts" say, "Oops. Maybe it is airborne after all..."
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

BREAKING – High Probability Ebola Patient In New York City – Testing Mt. Sinai Hospital Patient From West Africa….

Posted on August 4, 2014 by sundance
    Against the backdrop of the World Health Organization notifying the public the death toll has now reached over 900, and a second Ebola patient is confirmed in Nigeria, a new bulletin reflects a New York hospital may have just encountered a U.S. Ebola patient:
    New York officials are asking the public to remain calm, and if needed to panic in an orderly manner, until further testing can confirm.
    Meanwhile in Liberia society has turned downright medieval.

MONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — The deadly scourge of Ebola means people here no longer shake hands when greeting each other. In taxi cabs where people used to cram onto the laps of others, drivers now can carry only four people or risk fines.
    Plastic buckets are selling at a record pace to people who fill them with chlorine to disinfect their hands.
    And Monday Liberian health authorities ordered that all Ebola victims must be cremated as the virus blamed for killing at least 729 people across West Africa shows no sign of slowing down. At least 17 bodies have been abandoned on Monrovia’s streets in recent days, health officials say.
    “This situation has gotten worse. We need our concerted effort, this country needs everybody right now,” Information Minister Lewis Brown announced Monday.
    West Africa is experiencing the worst recorded Ebola outbreak in history, and the virus now has infiltrated three African capital cities. Never before has the disease with a fatality rate of at least 60 percent become so entrenched in urban population centers.
    The situation is particularly dire in Liberia, where at least 156 people have succumbed to the disease, according to Doctors Without Borders.
    Ebola is spread through contact with bodily fluids such as blood, sweat, vomit or feces. Contact with the bodies of victims is particularly dangerous as evidenced by the fact that many victims contracted the disease when touching bodies at traditional funerals.
    The mandate to cremate victims comes amid rising community opposition to burials for fear of contamination. Over the weekend, health authorities encountered fierce resistance while trying to bury 22 bodies in Johnsonville, a township in the northwestern outskirts of Monrovia, the capital. Military police ultimately were called in to help restore order. (more)
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    You want to see mass panic and economic collapse on these shores? Just let this virus get abroad in a city like New York or Atlanta, and the "experts" say, "Oops. Maybe it is airborne after all..."
    Some really dense people on twitter....hopefully they'll go back to "entertainment tonight" in a couple hours.....
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Its quite common for a hospital to take an extremely sick patient, and promptly inform ABC and CBS as to what patient came in for and what his condition is or might be?

Is this the government's notion of ensuring calm of the citizens and proving protocols exist in an emergency.

Something smells with all of these reports? Are we going to start having "breaking news" every time a person has the Norovirus? I believe there are something like 20 million cases a year.

Maybe they are creating this hype now, so they can be politically correct to shut down the airlines?

ZMapp was first identified as a potential cure back in January but, according to the company, has not yet completed the first phase of safety testing. However, last week, when two Americans working in Liberia, Dr. Kent Brantley and Nancy Writebol, came down with the disease, they were offered the experimental treatment, CNN reported.

According to the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Samaritan's Purse—the nonprofit aid agency for whom Brantley and Writebol had been volunteering—contacted U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) officials in Liberia to ask about experimental treatments they had read about in the scientific literature. ***

Though Brantly and Writebol are still ill, the early signs indicate that the drug may be working. Reportedly, Brantly was improving within hours of receiving the experimental treatment and has now made a "near complete recovery" Writebol did not react immediately to the first dose of the drug, but after a second dose also began to improve.

http://www.newsweek.com/possible-ebo...-trials-263063

More -- ZMapp being discussed now on Bloomberg TV -- http://www.bloomberg.com/tv/

Well.. this doesn't help: http://news.yahoo.com/nigeria-says-d...004047580.html

More worrying still were reports from Liberia that victims' corpses were being dumped or abandoned. Protesters, who blocked major roads in the capital on Monday, claimed the government is leaving the bodies of victims to rot in the streets or in their homes.

The Liberian government had warned against touching the dead or anyone ill with Ebola-like symptoms, which include fever, vomiting, severe headaches and muscular pain and, in the final stages, profuse bleeding.

"Four people died in this community. Because the government says that we should not touch bodies, no one has gone to bury them," Kamara Fofana, 56, a protestor in the Monrovia suburb of Douala, told AFP. "We have been calling the ministry of health hotline to no avail."
    Only the sword now carries any weight in the balance for the destiny of a nation.

Cleveland OH, looking wistfully towards...Banks of the Brazos River, Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by PyratePrincess View Post
    also from cnn: about Dr. Brantly in Atlanta: Ebola patient walks into Atlanta hospital; wife sees him through glass.

So, the wife who was with him TWO days before he "collapsed" is moving around atlanta? Nice....
    Was my understanding she had not gone to Africa with him.
    Curious where this came from.
    "I must not fear.
    Fear is the mind-killer.
    Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
    I will face my fear.
    I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
    And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
    Where the fear has gone there will be nothing....only I will remain"
    [Frank Herbert...Bene Gesserit Fear Littany}

night driver's I-garage:
    http://bluemudpatriot.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by night driver View Post
    Was my understanding she had not gone to Africa with him.
    Curious where this came from.
    She worked with him some there. They flew home to attend a wedding. Story was in almost every report.

Here's one from the New York Post:

http://nypost.com/2014/07/29/doctor-...solation-unit/

They were supposed to be in a "fever watch" in Texas for 21 days....
    ~Pyrate~

John F. Kennedy