Page 11 of 238 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ebola News Digest

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    I would bet a cab ride is much more up close and personal than one in the 1st world.
    Well, sure..

But if you believe the CDC, those five poor wretches who all died after sharing a cab were either engaging in an acrobatic group sex act back there, or at least were all enthusiastically kissing each other! Or did they ALL have open sores on their arms or bodies, which just happened to get soaked in sweat from the ONE infected person in the group?

I don't buy it.

Summerthyme

I'm not buying anything at the moment. Side note, can ebloa live outside the tropics?
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

I suspect Ebola can live anyplace it has natural carriers. Most of the US doesn't have wild primate populations. I have no idea if the species of monkeys which have apparently now naturalized in South Florida can be carriers of the disease.

They still really haven't tracked down the carriers of the virus in Africa- for sure. They *think* it may come from fruit bats, as well as primates.

Summerthyme

Yeah, but what is not said is how primates 'bark at each other' as part of their territorial display and how it has been recorded that these barks project saliva through the air. I would also suspect that the minimum wage cleaning crews did a less than sterling job of observing the rules of sanitation, spreading the virus as a result but not reporting so to investigators (CYA).
    It sure makes for National best sellers and million dollar paydays though.
    On the plus side:
    Worst case: cities would be depopulated, change of govt assured through targeted dual mode attrition, 3rd world would collapse, Muslims would die by the 100s of millions Zombies would have a food surplus, malls would die off, lots of WIN
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Conspiracy believers are everywhere --

There was a critical moment when I realized this current Ebola outbreak, already out of control, was going to get much worse. It was while I was waiting in line to buy minutes for my pre-paid cell phone in Kenema, the third largest city in Sierra Leone.

A 4-wheel-drive ambulance carrying Ebola victims from the countryside screamed by on the way to Kenema Government Hospital and an odd scene unfolded around me: despite the dying victims inside that car, people were giggling. I asked what was so funny.

“There is no Ebola. It’s a scam by the government to get more foreign aid money,” one man explained. “It’s one family that was cursed. A snake bit them all as they slept.”

http://www.newsweek.com/ebola-frontl...la-real-263216

Has there been any official word about the NY man at Mt. Sinai?
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    I'm not buying anything at the moment. Side note, can ebloa live outside the tropics?
    I don't know. Maybe the patent will say.

http://assignments.uspto.gov/assignm...ub=20120251502
    For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Ephesians 6:12
    • Pray
    • Prep
    • Patience

interview with the paramedic in the ambulance that transported them to emory..

http://2wsb.tv/1zVaMsk

basically,it was no big deal,routine,except in protective gear..
    nemophilist.

Exclamation Hell is freezing over....

From CNN:

EBOLA is HERE: 5 reasons not to panic The article is rubbish, but the video talks about "Chain of Transmission". Hey, some credible news is actually being reported
    Found it interesting that the woman they reference "did not know she was sick with ebola". In this culture, I think that statement is noteworthy. Our task masters generally insist on working their mules till they drop.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/health...t=hp_inthenews
    ~Pyrate~

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

John F. Kennedy

Well, today... we have Morocco confirmed ebola and died. Saudi man died - but last thing I saw (tests still be done) said he died of cardiac arrest. At 40. And our Mt. Sinai patient is "improving" - but no test results yet. WHO says it will have recommendations on Friday.