Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: .....question about suicide

Default .....question about suicide

Ok so yesterday Robin Williams was found dead, apparently by his own hand.

A month or so ago, my father...who has suffered from depression his entire adult life, tried to kill himself. Earlier this year, we were talking and he told me that at times he just wished for an off button, a way to just not go on. Then "POOOF" the next day he was out of that pit...

My question is this..... If a person is driven to suicide and they are FARRRRRRR out of their minds what happens? I mean typically the response is - kill yourself = hell and damnation. What, though, if a person is under an "other worldly influence? What if they are being led astray by a demomic entity?

I am not a great follower of coast to coast, or ground zero but this is a subject that I have heard several times recently - demonic influence driving people to do thinggs that they otherwise WOULD not do...

So.....again, if someone were to end their life and they were under influence would this, in any way lend a hand in the time of Judgemennt?

Confused....Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Ferris... I've known a couple of devout Christians who suffered from depression and eventually lost the battle and killed themselves. I really don't believe people who commit suicide are in their right minds, and I know our God is a compassionate Lord. I truly believe that we can leave it up to Him to judge them justly and mercifully, just like every one of us sinners is going to need if we're going to make it into heaven.

Summerthyme

If a person came to accept Christ, ,(<- key here) and after, was bombarded by depression and darkness to the point where they took their lives, does not God's Word say, “If anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.” (Rev 20:15)??

This Book of Life is also mentioned in Revelation 3:5; 20:12 and Philippians 4:3. The same book is also referred to as the Lamb’s Book of Life because it contains the names of those who have been redeemed by the blood of the Lord Jesus (Revelation 13:8; 21:27).

Once your name is written in the Book of Life, it is never erased ( Romans 8:37-39). No believer should ever doubt his eternal security in Christ (John 10:28-30)

To my knowledge the only unpardonable-unforgivable sin is “blasphemy of the Holy Spirit” which is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32.

We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    Ok so yesterday Robin Williams was found dead, apparently by his own hand.
    And the coroners report won't list depression as the cause of death. He did it; he premeditated it. He left behind a family to suffer. He gave pain to relieve his own. He in fact murdered himself at the expense of others. He didn't cry out to his victims, he didn't warn anyone of his intentions...he was greedy; he let the demons win.

Sure, I'll get flamed for those words...but I have no sympathy for that type of suffering he caused to those he said he loved. In my mind it's not only murder, but cowardice.

Flame away.

Quote Originally Posted by Summerthyme View Post
    Ferris... I've known a couple of devout Christians who suffered from depression and eventually lost the battle and killed themselves. I really don't believe people who commit suicide are in their right minds, and I know our God is a compassionate Lord. I truly believe that we can leave it up to Him to judge them justly and mercifully, just like every one of us sinners is going to need if we're going to make it into heaven.

Summerthyme

^^^^This^^^^
    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. ...those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience."
    C.S. Lewis

No flaming Al but I have to remind you and everyone....NOT ONE OF US KNEW ROBIN'S HEART BEFORE HE TOOK HIS LIFE! He may very well have asked Christ into his life, repented of his sins, 3 seconds before he stepped into that noose, if not 3 YEARS BEFORE (or however he did it), and that would mean he is now in heaven in Christ's arms.

I have had several members of my family committ suicide and like you Al, I was initially angry at them. But you know what? WE DON'T KNOW THEIR DARKNESS!!! We don't know what form the entity took, attacking them from the inside. I will not judge a suicide victim any more. I am just so humbly grateful that Christ is more gracious and forgiving of those who come to Him, asking for forgiveness, than humans are.

PRAISING GOD FOR HIS LOVE AND MERCY!
    We wanted a FIGHTER. We got a fighter in Trump. He will not take anything laying down. Trump or Bust.

Quote Originally Posted by Buick Electra View Post

PRAISING GOD FOR HIS LOVE AND MERCY!
    Well we certainly agree on that!

I suppose I am more embittered at the fact of all the atrocities being committed at this very second, children being slaughtered, women raped and murdered, heads being stuck on pikes...

...and the focus of the country looks to a man who made them laugh.

I remember reading about one woman who attempted suicide and crossed over to the other side, before being sent back to Earth and waking up in the hospital. She was told that those who commit suicide have to come back. We are obligated to complete one life term here. Whether it's a long one or a short one, we aren't allowed to purposefully make it shorter.

I personally think that one life here is enough and don't want to be sent back.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    Well we certainly agree on that!

I suppose I am more embittered at the fact of all the atrocities being committed at this very second, children being slaughtered, women raped and murdered, heads being stuck on pikes...

...and the focus of the country looks to a man who made them laugh.

+1000!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    And the coroners report won't list depression as the cause of death. He did it; he premeditated it. He left behind a family to suffer. He gave pain to relieve his own. He in fact murdered himself at the expense of others. He didn't cry out to his victims, he didn't warn anyone of his intentions...he was greedy; he let the demons win.

Sure, I'll get flamed for those words...but I have no sympathy for that type of suffering he caused to those he said he loved. In my mind it's not only murder, but cowardice.

Flame away.
    I really do need to address this, I guess. Having been in that hole, where there is no joy, no sense of worth or value, where everything seems dark and ultimately hopeless, I can't ever condemn someone who acts on it. Only my knowledge that my loved ones would have to live forever knowing that I'd made a choice to leave them kept me from attempting suicide a couple of times many years ago. If you aren't prone to depression, you can have absolutely NO idea what it's like.

At the same time, knowing how wonderful this life can be, even with all it's challenges, the idea that anyone would throw away the chance at another sunrise, another hug, another fresh peach, or holding a baby again... is nearly incomprehensible to me- now that I've long since escaped that darkness. And I understand the rage that people feel when someone does throw all that away... again, not realizing how unbelievably powerful the sense of utter hopelessness and uselessness can be.

Does demonic influence cause suicide? Certainly, at times. Demons are the ultimate liars, and they can twist your mind into terrible ways. But it can be as "simple" (and complex) as brain chemistry gone haywire... and that is no more under a person's control than when they develop Type1 diabetes, and will die without supplemental insulin.

Someone who is suicidal has convinced themselves that those they love will be BETTER OFF without them... it may or may not be true (living with a person who struggles with depression isn't easy) but that doesn't matter- they are CONVINCED of that. They believe they are doing them- and the world- a favor, by removing themselves from it.

Obviously, that's not God's thinking, but even for those who know the Lord and have accepted Christ can sometimes lose all sight of His blessings and desires for their lives.

It's truly a horrible way to live, and not something I'd EVER judge another person for.

Summerthyme