Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: .....question about suicide

Quote Originally Posted by Al Swearengen View Post
    ...taught to hate early on, brainwashed...and at an early age ....
    This phenomena exist here, right here in the us of a. Many of us got our "start" under such conditions .... is it conditioning or carrying on "tradition"?

As for Mr. Williams, I didn't find him at all amusing although I did enjoy his performance in "Good morning Vietnam".

I believe it's safe to say no one in their right mind would even consider taking their own life and there's he rub ... state of mind.

Would Jesus condemn a person for such action or would he bring them back and show them proper? I don't know is why I ask but I think you do .... I believe a lack of compassion is inexcusable.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post

Would Jesus condemn a person for such action or would he bring them back and show them proper? I don't know is why I ask but I think you do .... I believe a lack of compassion is inexcusable.

O.W.
    How do you read this?

Rev 21:8 “But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”

.... I believe a lack of compassion is inexcusable.

O.W.
    I do too...

Jud 1:22 And show compassion toward some who are doubting,
    Jud 1:23 but others save with fear, snatching them out of the fire, hating, even the garment defiled by the flesh.1 Footnote: 1See Gal. 5:19-21, Rom. 8:5-10.

How do you read this?

Rev 21:8 “But as for the cowardly, and untrustworthy, and abominable, and murderers, and those who whore, and drug sorcerers, and idolaters, and all the false, their part is in the lake which burns with fire and sulphur, which is the second death.”
    You're thinkin weak minded, desperate, suicidal folk can be characterized as such?

O.W.

You're thinkin weak minded, desperate, suicidal folk can be characterized as such?

O.W.
    I guess we shall all see...someday.

But until that day, I will caution everyone to reach out will all their being, or to those who ever contemplate such action, to seek immediate council and hang tight with anyone who ever considers that action, with every fiber of their being...because the future is AT BEST, very uncertain.

PLEASE do not let children hear that suicide may be excusable. PLEASE treat it like the horror that it is. PLEASE DO NOT make excuses for tragedy such as this.

It's a very serious matter and needs treated as such.

How do you read this?

....ok, so you put this up.

You made your statement about Robin Williams.

Now say a devoutly Christian person, or even a person who is born again, falls in to a serious funk, a depression and ends their life. They are not in their "right" mind are they?

I mean they are, or were forgiven, they had accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior but something (the demon mentioned in my original query..or demonic force) does make them do this... Look at Judas. The ultimate backstabber, right? Yet he was an apostle. He hung himself, right?

What happened to him? He had lived with and loved Jesus. Insanity and who knows what drove him to put a rope around his neck...was he sent to hell, or?????

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
    Look at Judas. The ultimate backstabber, right? Yet he was an apostle. He hung himself, right?

What happened to him? He had lived with and loved Jesus. Insanity and who knows what drove him to put a rope around his neck...was he sent to hell, or?????

Ferris
    How do you read this...

Joh 17:12 “When I was with them in the world, I was guarding them in Your Name which You have given Me, and I watched over them, and not one of them perished except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be filled.

Mat 26:24 “Indeed, the Son of Aḏam goes as it has been written concerning Him, but woe to that man by whom the Son of Aḏam is delivered up! It would have been good for that man if he had not been born.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ferris View Post

I mean they are, or were forgiven, they had accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior but something (the demon mentioned in my original query..or demonic force) does make them do this...
    We are give power OVER demons. I am not of the 'once-saved, always-saved' mindset. Scripture is clear that people can and do fall away. Y'shua warns that many people will agree with you that Y'shua is the Messiah, yet they lead many astray.

Mat 24:5 “For many shall come in My Name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they shall lead many astray.

2Pe 2:19 promising them freedom, though themselves being slaves of corruption – for one is a slave to whatever overcomes him.

2Pe 2:20 For if, after they have escaped the defilements of the world through the knowledge of the Master and Saviour יהושע Messiah, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the first.

2Pe 2:21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the set-apart command1 delivered unto them. Footnote: 1The singular “command” often means “commands” – see 1 Tim. 6:14, Dt. 17:20, Ps. 19:8.

2Pe 2:22 For them the proverb has proved true, “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “A washed sow returns to her rolling in the mud.”

I think it would be error for us to take these words lightly, or water them down in meaning.

Reminds me of story of a man who like to just open his Bible and read the first verse that came to him.

The first verse he happened to turn to was Matthew 27:5 which says Judas "went and hanged himself."

Since he was not sure how this verse applied to himself, he flipped to another passage and the Bible fell open to Luke 10:37: "Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise."

The man was quite upset and he did not know how he could ever obey that, so he decided to turn to one more place.

Again he opened the Bible at random and to his horror his finger fell upon John 13:27: "Then said Jesus unto him, That thou doest, do quickly."

Al, anyone can come here and throw some scriptural selections around, but that's not very helpful.

Suicide is a tragedy, and the last thing a family member needs is to be beat about the head and shoulders with Bible verses.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post

Al, anyone can come here and throw some scriptural selections around, but that's not very helpful.

Those weren't random Scriptures.

I posted Scripture pertaining to JUDAS when asked about him, then posted Scripture pertaining to people who indeed fall away.

Whether you find it helpful is your opinion that has nothing to do with what was asked.