Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: .....question about suicide

Toxicology reports need to be made to determine if someone is or has been under "anti-depressants". Many a murder/suicide spree has been linked to these drugs.
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

ST, you said it 100%!

Anti-depressents are funny things, and I don't mean hahafunny. If you get the ''right'' one...that is, the one thatactually works with YOUR brain chemistry, they can be a life saver. People don't want to believe that, but it's true. However, theyCAN for some, have weird side effects. One of those is areduction of inhibitions..for lack of a better term. If you areon one, and suddenly find yourself doing things that you normallywould not do, definitely check with your doctor! It's all tooeasy to tell oneself that now that the depression is lifted, I feelbetter about doing xyz. If xyz has a negative consequence,despite how 'right' it feels at the moment, run it buy yourfamily/friends/AND doctor.

That can be a very scareything.

Sometimes depression can seem to continue to plungedespite meds because the dosage might not be quite adjusted yet, orperhaps there's a better fit with a different med.

Brainchemistry and meds are not an exact science yet. But thatdoesn't mean they're bad for everyone or anyone. For some, evena few hours of taking a dose at the wrong time is enough tocompletely upset the apple cart and off they go in a rage, or manic,or anxiety, or whatever the symptoms are. The fact is, theyneed help and either can't communicate it or don't know how, or theeffect was entirely unexpected. People don't expect to bleed todeath by taking an asprin, but it can and does happen. Peoplehave weird reactions to meds every day, but that doesn't mean thatnobody should take them!

We can't know what was on Robin'sheart and mind. We can't know why he believed he had to keephis intentions secret. He isn't here to tell us. I haveNO idea of what his spiritual beliefs were, as I don't recall himever expressing any. He seemed to be a VERY private person, I wasn't even sure he was even married or had kids. Things arejust now coming out in biographies that nobody really ever knew abouthim personally.

I can certainly understand the sentiment ofwhat AL said. I often feel that way, too. But if there'sone thing I do know, it's that laughter during the absolute WORST ofcircumstances can be a life saver. Because it expressessomething so deep, pulls out something from so far inside that weoften don't even know it's there, emotions that can't even beuttered, emotions that no amount of tears can wash away.

Andnow especially with things being like they are in the world...sohorrifying, so profoundly sad, feeling helpless to contribute to abetter world for our loved ones, or anybody else for that matter,praying till your head hits the walls of the gates of hell...thefunniest man in the world couldn't find something to laugh about, andinstead he killed himself. All I want to do is cry with suchdeep sorrow for him, his family and friends, but for us too.

Theone who gave us comic relief is himself, without hope.

Whatdreams may come....

A movie he played in that dealt withsuicide and despair and how love was the ultimate answer to life. He was the hero in that movie. It was sort of like Dante'sinferno and in retrospect, I think it portrayed something withinhimself.
    Maybe he did try to tell someone.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Ferris, first I don't believe suicide is the unforgivable sin. Sin is inherent in all of us, and the only way it is done away with is when we accept Jesus Christ's substitutionary death for our sin. "God made him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, that we might become the righteousness of God in him." (2nd Corinthians 5:21) When we exchange our sinful life for the righteous life of Jesus Christ, we become clean in God's eyes. That's really the only difference between 2 people who die and one goes to hell and one goes to heaven.

Second, I do believe demons can torment a person with thoughts of suicide. I remember one time I was a regular at a Christian-sponsored teen hangout called The Basement. I went every week, to minister to the kids as the Holy Spirit led me. One night I went home and crawled in bed, so covered up in depression I could do nothing but lie in a fetal position weeping. I stopped and thought, "Why do I feel this way? There is nothing terribly bad wrong in my life right now. Why am I so depressed?" As I looked at how I felt now and when it started I realized it started when I was leaving The Basement. The last thing I did before I left was to shake hands with a young man I didn't know. I REBUKED the spirit of depression, and was all better! I got up and made my bed and walked out of the room feeling fine. Later, when I mentioned the experience to the lady who ran The Basement with her husband, she just nodded her head. "Yeah, that young man has admitted to holding seances in cemeteries and things like that. I'm not surprised."

So, yes, demons can bring on depression, even suicidal thoughts. And when a person that desperate takes his or her own life, the only thing that determines if they go to heaven or hell is if the blood of Jesus has been applied to their life.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

I have not as of yet found anything in God's Word that condemns a believer for suicide with out a whole lot of twisting His Word around. I do believe that suicide is a very selfish act, but after suffering a bout with depression myself I do understand the feeling of hopelessness one feels, thank God I now know greater is He who is in me than he who is in this world!

This is an informative and thoughtful thread. Summerthyme, I need to tell you that you are one of my absolute favorite people on this forum. I always appreciate your posts. I thank the Lord for the wisdom He has given you, and I just wanted you to know that many, many times I read your posts and smile at how you express the crux of the matter so concisely.

God loves Robin Williams. I believe Robin makes God laugh.

....okay so now it seems that maybe he maybe did not want to live the life of a person with Parkinsons...

I Thank You all for your input!

Thank You Summer for being as open as you were here I truly appreciate it my friend!

I pray that this BS (in the form of attacks on Robins daughter and him) in the cyber sphere stop and that these individuals find it in themselves to let a family mourn.

GODSPEED my Treebie family!

Ferris
    VAXXED from cover up to catastrophe

CDC lied and more kids died

Why lie? I AM a thread killer.

Sun Tzu must have seen babs coming when he put this down in writing: In the practical art of war, the best thing of all is to take the enemies country WHOLE and INTACT. So, too, it is better to recapture an army entire than to destroy it, to capture a regiment or a company than to destroy them...

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    I remember reading about one woman who attempted suicide and crossed over to the other side, before being sent back to Earth and waking up in the hospital. She was told that those who commit suicide have to come back. We are obligated to complete one life term here. Whether it's a long one or a short one, we aren't allowed to purposefully make it shorter.

I personally think that one life here is enough and don't want to be sent back.
    I've read accounts like that too.

And the attempted suicides report that the message is, "You're going to have to go back to earth again, and have another go at this."

And ditto on the last comment, too. Once on this earth is plenty for me. It's not been an easy life.

Quote Originally Posted by RosemaryT View Post

And the attempted suicides report that the message is, "You're going to have to go back to earth again, and have another go at this."
    I find that very questionable and lacking any Scriptural support.

If someone sets his life course along a route that he knows will kill him, is that suicide? Imagine someone walking on the railroad tracks. A train is coming. He could step off the tracks when he hears the train coming, but instead continues on. He's killed. Was that suicide in your understanding? If someone COULD avoid death but does not, is that suicide?

The reason I ask is this. Jesus Christ KNEW He was going to be killed. He said he could call legions of angels to PREVENT the death, but did not. Was it suicide?
    2Tim. 3:1 ¶ But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come.
    2Tim. 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires;
    2Tim. 4:4 and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths.

Y'shua laid His life down for a specific purpose...no greater love.