Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Volcano doom....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Volcano doom....

... since it's gotten about zero coverage (it gets almost no hits on Google News)....It's a beautiful day here in Iceland. The weather is crisp. Clear skies over almost the whole country. Light breezes. Potential erupting globally-super-dangerous volcano. Chirping birds. The usualOh, did I bury the lede that a globally-super-dangerous volcano might be getting ready to go off? Um, yeah, you might want to watch this one just in case..
    http://m.dailykos.com/story/2014/08/...t-You-All-Know
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Thank-you!
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Quote Originally Posted by 1Ms. America View Post
    Thank-you!
    If this thing goes off it might make all the latest doom pale in comparison.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I think the events only 6 months away (and I mean it this time) will make all our current doom look small.

Enjoy the day! These are the good ole days and soon they will be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    If this thing goes off it might make all the latest doom pale in comparison.

I kind of gathered that, which is why I thanked you for the head's up. I just got back from the site of your link, and it certainly seems that an eruption is eminent.
    As an American you have the right to not believe in guns. You also have the right to not believe in God. But if someone is trying to break into your home, or wants to harm you, the first thing you will do is pick up the phone and call someone with a gun. The second thing you will do is pray that they get there in time. ~Don Moore

Why is it so dangerous? Long winter? A year without a summer? Global famine?

The usual, all of the above.

last time it went off there was major ecological imbalance....but we lived through it. From the article:

The winter of 1783-1784. The Revolutionary War had just ended, and Benjamin Franklin was puzzling over the nation's bizarre weather. Congress had been delayed getting to Annapolis to vote for the Treaty of Paris because the Chesapeake Bay just wouldn't melt. The Mississippi River froze down to New Orleans, and ice was reported floating in the Gulf of Mexico. Reports from Europe were of a bizarrely hot summer with thick fog that was choking people to death in Scotland, massive hailstones, lightning, and crop failures. The sun was blood-red at noon. Mass starvation that would ultimately kill 1/6ths of Egypt's population took hold due to a historic drought of the Nile. As many as six million people would die from the bizarre weathers....

Default Bárðarbungu

Jón Frímann ‏@jonfr500 43m
    @eruptionsblog Small eruption started in Bárðarbungu, confirmed. On Rás 2.

Mike Kelly ‏@mickell 20m
    Webcams for Bárðarbungu volcano are very dark despite early afternoon time.
    http://vedur2.mogt.is/grimsfjall/webcam/ …

zerohedge zerohedge ‏@zerohedge ‏@zerohedge 3m Track Big Bardarboom here
    http://baering.github.io

If Bardarbunga was in Rancho Cucamonga, the folks would be saying cowabunga.