Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Volcano doom....

This was an interesting update.

"This is the first time this has happened in Iceland since modern recording started. What is going to come out of this I do not know yet."

http://www.jonfr.com/volcano/?p=4845
    _

Skepticism is the first step toward truth

Revelation 3:20 - Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Cool picture on the link page...Thanks
    Tread carefully when walking on others freedoms because yours are on the same path.

Revelation 14:7
    Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.
    "not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

grower is offline Tree of Liberty Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by danielboon View Post
    Server not found...
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Icelandic officials say eruption near Bardarbunga

By BY JENNA GOTTLIEB 11 minutes ago

REYKJAVIK, Iceland (AP) — Icelandic authorities briefly raised the aviation warning code to red Friday after a small fissure eruption near Bardarbunga volcano, but no volcanic ash has been detected by the radar system.

More here.
    IF you are willing & obedient , you shall eat the good of the land: But if you refuse & rebel, You shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it. Isaiah 1:19, 20

Quote Originally Posted by grower View Post
    Server not found...
    worked for me
    Tread carefully when walking on others freedoms because yours are on the same path.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpre...highest-level/
    Agust 2014 – ICELAND - Iceland has raised its aviation warning level after a new eruption from a fissure near the Bardarbunga volcano Sunday morning....
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Lots of good pix at this link
    I found the use of the term 'diminutive' to be amusing.
    SS
    http://www.vox.com/2014/8/31/6089399...ption-pictures

'Latest Eruption Leads Iceland To Again Raise Aviation Color Code To Red
    A diminutive eruption in the Holuhraun lava field north of the Bardarbunga volcano Sunday led the Icelandic Meteorological Office to raise the aviation color code to red in the region,
    http://www.ibtimes.com/bardarbunga-v...de-red-1674598
    'Icelandic authorities have been forced to introduce a Code Red aviation warning, as there is a risk of high concentration of ash in the air caused by a new fissure eruption of the Bardarbunga volcano – accompanied by a series of small earthquakes.'
    http://rt.com/news/184036-bardarbung...tion-aviation/

← Current status on Bárðarbunga volcano at 19:30 UTC

What to expect from Bárðarbunga volcano
    Posted on September 14, 2014 by Jón Frímann
    Send to Kindle

I am writing this now, since I might not have time to do so on Monday. Updates are going to continue to go here until Monday. Unless something major happens.

The collapse of Bárðarbunga volcano
    The collapse of Bárðarbunga volcano has already started. The caldera collapse in Bárðarbunga volcano started on 16-August-2014 and has been going on since then. Here is what I am expecting from the caldera collapse once it reaches its peak.

• There are going to be earthquakes in the range of 5,5 and up to 6,7. Maybe larger if the crust can handle it.
    • Glacier flood are going to go south-west and north (Húsavík area) and possibly in other directions. I am expecting damage to hydrothermal plants in the pathway of the floods. How much damage there is going to be depends on the magnitude of the flood and the path it takes.
    • I am expecting long periods of no power in parts of Iceland once the flood has passed. I am also expecting lack of communications in large areas of Iceland. This is why Rúv has been telling people to get long-wave radios for the past few days. Usage of mobile network is also going to be unreliable in large parts of Iceland once the collapse starts full force in Bárðarbunga volcano. Due to damage that glacier floods are going to create.
    • I am expecting an ash cloud that might go up to 20 km or higher up in the atmosphere. It is however impossible to know for sure what happens until this starts.
    • It is difficult to know fore sure how much drop is going to take place, but it can be up to many hundreds of meters.
    • I fear that north slope of Bárðarbunga might collapse forward once this starts. Earthquakes in the area give clues about weakness forming there.

Bárðarbunga volcano is 2009 meters high above the ocean. This means there is a lot of material that is going to blow outwards once the collapse starts full force. This is might be one of largest eruptions in Iceland since it got populated more than one thousands years ago. I am hoping that the picture that I am drawing up is not as bad the reality once this starts. I am also hoping that no loss of life is going to happen. I am hoping for the best in this case, but the clues that I am getting are no good at all.

http://www.jonfr.com/volcano/?p=4976