Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: We Now Have Scientific Proof That People Are Getting Stupider

You won't get much water out of a dry sponge.

Me still have smart thought.

Me only waiting for right moment for providing zinger when least expected.

Lie low, or is it 'lay low' until the time is right.

Too busy to learn Greek right now. Latin, still learning.

Thank LBJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius Romulous View Post
    I wouldn't know where to begin with this so it's best to let it stand as it's own kind of testament to the question at hand.
    Actually, since we're discussing SAT matters in the Reading/Verbal category, to be grammatically correct, AR's post should read, "... it's best to let it stand as its own kind of testament...".

Quote Originally Posted by naturallysweet View Post
    Let me be horribly racist for a moment.

It used to be that those with brains enough to survive, lived long enough to produce offspring. Now, we encourage the breeding of those who are least among us by subsidizing it out of the government coffers.

When college educated people have 1-2 children and innercity welfare queens have 12, and we are deluged by the lowest caste from around the world while kicking out the foreign college grads. Wouldn't it be obvious to everyone with a brain that our general IQ levels would be going down?

That's that nature side of the argument.

In the nurture side of the argument, we are letting our schools and the tv raise our children. The schools are more concerned with a child's total acceptance of homosexual and ability to put a condom on a cucumber to bother teaching them any real skills. The television is filled with mindless garbage which glorifies thug culture, drugs, and alcohol.

Nature or nurture, we have been destroyed.

yep.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Tex View Post
    Actually, since we're discussing SAT matters in the Reading/Verbal category, to be grammatically correct, AR's post should read, "... it's best to let it stand as its own kind of testament...".
    Boom! Got me. Guess I'm stupider.

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius Romulous View Post
    I wouldn't know where to begin with this so it's best to let it stand as it's own kind of testament to the question at hand.

I could lie and say that the current tests are racist. But I've spent too many years on a farm breeding livestock. Two inferior animals can produce a superior offspring. But that's the exception rather than the rule.

I absolutely don't want the government to decide who should have children and how many. I just want it to stop paying people to do nothing.

Responding to the title of this, of course people are stupider than past humans. Just look at how they drive!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And, it's gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodie View Post
    The United States Presidential elections in 2008 and 2012 cemented that fact for the whole world to see.

Rhodie
    Quote of the day.

I don't know that people are less intelligent, but their foundation of basic logical thinking skills have certainly deteriorated over the past 40 years......

This from the same science that gave us evolution?

ROFL!!!!

I didn't need science to tell me this. Just look at the presidential candidates over the past 25 years.

Heeeere's yer sign.