Thread: Questions About Ruth Bader Ginsburg

Question Questions About Ruth Bader Ginsburg

We know that RBG will remain a Supreme Court Justice until she either resigns or dies.

My first question is, does she need to be physically present at the court with the other justices when a vote is taken on a case? Can she vote while at home or in hospital or hospice? Would they allow her to vote by writing and mailing in her decision? Would they allow her to vote by using a video link?

Here is my second question. If she is permitted to vote without being present at the court, how would anyone know that it is really her voting? She could be in a coma or dead and someone else could vote for her.

What do you think?
    Last edited by Pastor Guest; 02-07-2019 at 07:48 AM.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

First off:

RBG has not been present for Oral Arguments, in some cases already. Transcripts were written up and delivered to her home.

Once Oral Arguments are done, M-W the Justices meet on T-F to discuss. Which can be done through a conference call, with RBG.

Then the Justices go to their respective chambers, and develop opinions, and have those written up, and circulated. Which RBG can do from home.

Once a consensus is reached the opinion is written up, with those that support, and another is written up for those that oppose (dissenting opinions). Those who support have been involved in developing the opinion, through conferences, phone calls, and writing/rewriting up their own opinion.

It's not something they vote on, like on the House floor.

However, there is a cavate, NORMALLY, those not present for Oral Arguments, don't have a vote. Don't know if that applies to Justices who are out sick. It may only apply to new Justices, who weren't present, or in office, at the time of Oral Arguments
    Wise Men Still Seek Him

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    First off:

RBG has not been present for Oral Arguments, in some cases already. Transcripts were written up and delivered to her home.

Once Oral Arguments are done, M-W the Justices meet on T-F to discuss. Which can be done through a conference call, with RBG.

Then the Justices go to their respective chambers, and develop opinions, and have those written up, and circulated. Which RBG can do from home.

Once a consensus is reached the opinion is written up, with those that support, and another is written up for those that oppose (dissenting opinions). Those who support have been involved in developing the opinion, through conferences, phone calls, and writing/rewriting up their own opinion.

However, there is a cavate, NORMALLY, those not present for Oral Arguments, don't have a vote. Don't know if that applies to Justices who are out sick. It may only apply to new Justices, who weren't present, or in office, at the time of Oral Arguments
    Thanks Cary!

I have to confess to almost total ignorance concerning how the Supreme Court operates. Your explanation is a help.

I guess I am so skeptical about the nature of government that I believe the ungodly always cheat to advance their cause.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post

I guess I am so skeptical about the nature of government that I believe the ungodly always cheat to advance their cause.
    Europe used to have empires. They were run by emperors.
    Then we had kingdoms. They were run by kings.
    Now we have countries...

I cant remember where I read it- and it could be untrue - but the job of their law clerks is to read cases and write opinions "in the manner of" the justices if they areunavailable. There was a justice committed to an asylum for dementia - he couldn't do anything so his clerks Carried on his work for years until he passed.
    "All will be well!"

Quote Originally Posted by CaryC View Post
    First off:

The above is a prime reason why SC Justices should have a 10-year, one term limit.

You could have half a dozen people writing "opinions" and rubber stamping them with the Judege's signature. Just because they are still drawing breath doesn't mean they are doing the job they were appointed to. RBG is a prime example of a walking corpse for the last 15 years.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here." Captain John Parker, to his Minute Men on Lexington Green, April 19 , 1775.

Quote Originally Posted by jmthomas View Post
    The above is a prime reason why SC Justices should have a 10-year, one term limit.

You could have half a dozen people writing "opinions" and rubber stamping them with the Judege's signature. Just because they are still drawing breath doesn't mean they are doing the job they were appointed to. RBG is a prime example of a walking corpse for the last 15 years.
    Here in lies a serious concern. Lets go capitalist... what company would hire a person to do a job, and then allow them to dissapear off radar. With others telling you that person is working.....trust us. Supreme Court Justices should be under an open watch... are they compotent, are they lucid, are they breathing.....
    Educate others to grow our base of informed citizens, it's tyranny. Spread the Gospel.

Prepare wisely individually. An army runs on it's stomach.

Network with those who prepare wisely and take advantage of the strength in numbers and the economy of scale.

Then, when the curtains come down and the truth is evident to an informed citizenry, we unite and fight the new world order.

They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    “As a general rule, the earlier you recognize someone is trying to kill you, the better off you’ll be.”

"You think a wall as solid as the earth separates civilisation from barbarism. I tell you the division is a sheet of glass."

Quote Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
    I cant remember where I read it- and it could be untrue - but the job of their law clerks is to read cases and write opinions "in the manner of" the justices if they areunavailable. There was a justice committed to an asylum for dementia - he couldn't do anything so his clerks Carried on his work for years until he passed.
    you got it, the Justice says I will vote this way and the clerk fills in the blanks. RBG, I pray, is saved and I hope she sees Jesus really soon. prep and pray, the end has arrived.