Thread: Another food supply problem - Ukraine and Russia provide 20% of global wheat exports

Default Another food supply problem - Ukraine and Russia provide 20% of global wheat exports

Crisis putting pressure on global wheat supply.

Wheat Reaches Almost 3-Week High in Chicago on Black Sea
    - Bloomberg

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...a-tension.html
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

OK, I JUST posted this:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...rth-Dakota-Oil

Then I saw YOUR post. I wonder if there is some relationship going here?

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Quote Originally Posted by Limner View Post
    OK, I JUST posted this:

http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...rth-Dakota-Oil

Then I saw YOUR post. I wonder if there is some relationship going here?
    It seems like both could cause supply to decrease/prices to increase.
    Pastor Guest

Free E- Book!

"Steps Toward the Mark of the Beast"
    The Christian's Guide to the How and Why of
    the Coming Cashless/RFID Economic System

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Guest View Post
    It seems like both could cause supply to decrease/prices to increase.

YUP.

No such thing as a coincidence.

Hallelujah!
    Jesus, you have overcome the World!

Every high place must come down,
    Every stronghold shall be broken,
    You wear the Victor's Crown!
    You've overcome!
    You've overcome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKmLKSQCydA

Grains that were planted before the cia staged the revolution, have for the most part not been harvested, wheat, and rye were a large part of this. Mostly Ukraine wheat is for export and rye is for domestic consumption.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

I have contended since this whole Russian aggression thing started that Putin wants their "breadbasket" back. He needs their breadbasket back.

Quote Originally Posted by willowlady View Post
    I have contended since this whole Russian aggression thing started that Putin wants their "breadbasket" back. He needs their breadbasket back.
    well, not really,,
    Russia Grain Harvest Seen With Potential to Exceed Record

Harvest to be record-breaking

Russian Grain Harvest Could Be A Post Soviet Era Record

nemophilist.

Quote Originally Posted by willowlady View Post
    Industry,,while Ukraine may have been the bread basket of the USSR, it has not been a major supplier of grains ever since the late 70's.
    What Vlad has invested into is the mining region and heavy industry of the Donetsk. In the last few years Russia has invested heavily into major retrofitting and complete upgrade and modernization of these industries. Most of them have been heavily damaged by Kiev aerial and artillery destruction. This was one of the reasons for the rebellion, when Kiev troops came in and destroyed these business and executed many workers.
    The reason was that the federal government thought that Russia would retake these areas at any rate much earlier this spring.
    Also one has to remember that this area is the birthplace of Russian Orthodoxy and with Vlad indeed a baptized believer in the church he sees it as his duty to protect it. This was also the mission of the Tsars,,,defenders of the faith.
    Good bad or indifferent, does not really matter it just is.
    "On hire from Swiss or Sweden, be me Christain, be me heathen,The Devil to the sabre I shall put"

Another subject, but I thought I would post it here as it does pertain to the situation.
    A rather personal and expansive rebuilding project of Vlads was and is the rebuilding of all the old Orthodox churches and monasteries that were destroyed during the Soviet era, a lot of these are absolutely beautiful, and many people are starting to find their faith once again.

In the Ukraine civil war these have become a favorite target for destruction from Kiev, this has only embolden many Orthodox peoples from throughout the Tsarist kingdom to go to Ukraine and fight. Its hard to understand sometimes by western standards but it is very much part of the play there.

All true about the increase in industry and decrease in wheat in Ukraine. Nonetheless, if things go to hell in a handbasket (Putin maybe knows something we don't?), Ukraine's climate is far more favorable for growing wheat without dependence on modern industrial farming. It was the breadbasket of old Russia for a reason.