Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson erupting again

Quote Originally Posted by StandFree View Post
    Racist cops? Oh yeah... I am sure there are some. I think there are alot more black criminals than racist cops... and I KNOW there are some freeking dangerous black neighborhoods that anyone with a brain would avoid. Look at the statistics for crime. There are some obvious trends.

Just as I would not condemn a cop until I see him commit an abuse, I will not accuse of racism or any other unfair treatment until there is cause. I expect from them the same respect and will demand it.
    "A lot of people still seem to imagine that those magical beings called "Law Enforcers" are, in general, more "trustworthy" and "righteous" than the sketchy rabble that is humanity.

However, the primary difference between cops and everyone else is that cops ASKED for the power to dominate and boss others around. These aren't saints or rocket scientists. They are just people, and not usually very bright people, or very kind people ... as the statistics show.

They weren't chosen to wear the badge due to their great virtue and courage; they APPLIED for the position! They were just normal people, and then they ASKED to be put in a position of "power" and "authority," which should, by default, make you trust them a lot LESS than the average guy on the street. Yeah, in THEORY there is some screening process to keep the real nastiest one's from being given badges. But that theory is now about as valid as the flat earth theory, given how many fascists have been caught terrorizing, assaulting and MURDERING harmless people ... and getting away with it.

So next time you see someone with a badge and uniform, don't think, "Gee, an agent of law and order!" Because that's B.S. ... Instead, think, "Gee, someone who ASKED to be allowed to DOMINATE and CONTROL others!" Because that's the reality of the situation."

- Larken Rose

Quote Originally Posted by TruthSeeker11 View Post
    LOL ... yea, your information is not biased at all Do you really believe that they will tell their "employer" that they are racist based predators during their day/full time jobs???
    They are very open in their discussions on all subjects. Some things are said in confidence, I know these guys and I stand by my statement.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by naegling62 View Post
    .... I know these guys and I stand by my statement.
    Perspective .... I suspect might change a bit should you ever become a victim.

O.W.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar Wilde View Post
    Perspective .... I suspect might change a bit should you ever become a victim.

O.W.
    I've dealt with a number of jerk officers on the road.
    Hwæt! Wé Gárdena in géardagum þéodcyninga þrym gefrúnon· hú ðá æþelingas ellen fremedon. - Listen! We of the Spear-Danes in the days of yore, of those clan-kings heard of their glory. How the worthy princes performed courageous deeds.

I would explain things to you but....I'm all out of crayons and puppets.

Quote Originally Posted by Homesteader View Post
    It would suck to be a law abiding black person and be lumped in with all the gang bangers.
    Funny but you don't hear any black voices saying stop this BS, it's condoned by most of the black community. Whites are just too blind or stupid to see, they do not like us, they don't,want to live peacefully,they are animals,PERIOD.
    Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.

Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by nframe View Post
    Funny but you don't hear any black voices saying stop this BS, it's condoned by most of the black community. Whites are just too blind or stupid to see, they do not like us, they don't,want to live peacefully,they are animals,PERIOD.
    Bill Cosby pled with the black community to stop the killing and gave a great speech about it. The black community called him an Oreo, ridiculed him, and his career ended for good. He's the only one I've ever heard speak out.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Sinclair View Post
    The problem is not that the police are white, and the rest of Ferguson is black. The problem is that police - all over the US - are not held accountable for just about anything they do. They make s**t up as they go along, and the law matters not one bit to them.

They lie, steal, assault, and get away with it well over 90% of the time.

They are predators, and if they prey primarily on black people - it's only because black people, as a CLASS, have fewer resources to fight them. The police prey upon white people, too.

Ask me how I know.

Police are now almost as universally reviled as the tax collectors were in Revolutionary times.

Earl
    Your post reminds me of someone else who does most of the things mentioned. "They lie, steal, assault, and get away with it well over 90% of the time." How about getting away with it 100% of the time. That would be an excellent description of the current administration in DC. Maybe the cops are simply following the example being set by the most powerful man in this country? But he does most of these things to white people; not black or Hispanic. Am I calling him a racist? You bet I am.

Republic of Dead Cell Holler, Occupied Territories, Former USA

It can be both true that Brown attacked Wilson to one degree or another, and that at least one or more of the shots fired were not justified. Sussing out the shooting has nothing to do with the riots that followed, and they shouldn't influence anybody's evaluation of the shooting. Either Wilson was justified in pulling the trigger all 10 or 11 times, or he needs to be held accountable for whichever rounds are found to be unjustifiable. That's the same standard that any of us would be held to.

Why a serious discussion of a questionable shooting by a cop needs to get off in the weeds about race etc. is beyond me. Rioters, looters, thieves and arsonists need to be held accountable too.

Blues

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post
    It can be both true that Brown attacked Wilson to one degree or another, and that at least one or more of the shots fired were not justified. Sussing out the shooting has nothing to do with the riots that followed, and they shouldn't influence anybody's evaluation of the shooting. Either Wilson was justified in pulling the trigger all 10 or 11 times, or he needs to be held accountable for whichever rounds are found to be unjustifiable. That's the same standard that any of us would be held to.

Why a serious discussion of a questionable shooting by a cop needs to get off in the weeds about race etc. is beyond me. Rioters, looters, thieves and arsonists need to be held accountable too.

Blues
    I believe all people are accountable for the things they do....some just dont like the timing or manner of this judgement. We need to stop being focused on things that have no direct impact on our lives and start paying attention to things that do hold sway in our lives(family, neighbors, city, church and God)
    Our blame serves nobody....the bogeyman is often a creation made to control an aspect of your life. Don't let it.
    Tread carefully when walking on others freedoms because yours are on the same path.

Quote Originally Posted by BluesStringer View Post

Blues
    You state "why a serious discussion of a questionable shooting by a cop needs to get off in the weeds about race etc. is beyond me." Answer...this whole situation is about race. There would be no question of it being a legitimate shoot if it weren't for a white cop shooting a black teenager. Obama and his Attorney General would have never weighed in on it; neither would Al Sharpton and there wouldn't have been all the rioting/looting in Ferguson.

IMO it makes not one bit of difference whether Wilson(or any other person being threatened) fired 4 or 10 times. Most people (cops & military included) are trained that if they feel their lives are immediate danger and they need to defend themselves with deadly force to shoot until the target is STOPPED/down/dead. Anybody that only shoots to wound an aggressor is just asking to die. So it's not about how many individual shots were "justifiable".